How would you rank the Neo Shinings?

This is in terms of artwork. I chose not to go for a poll, because I´m also curious how people see the rest of them.

For me it´s;

Kabutops
Magikarp (I like it a bit better than the Gyarados, don´t know why)
Gyarados
Tyranitar
Noctowl
Mewtwo/Steelix
Charizard

These are the ones I all like. I don´t care much for the Raichu and Celebi at all.

1 Like
  1. Magikarp
  2. Gyarados
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Charizard
  5. Noctowl
  6. Kabutops
  7. Raichu
  8. Tyranitar
  9. Steelix
  10. Celebi

If we’re counting Mew, that would probably be my #1! In general, I like them all quite a bit except Celebi, haha.

1 Like

#1

25 Likes

Mew

Celebi

Magikarp

Noctowl

Gyarados

Mewtwo

Tyranitar

Kabutops

Raichu

Steelix

Charizard

I only own my top 3 because they were the only ones I actually wanted, Noctowl through Tyranitar are alright. Not a fan of the rest

1 Like

It’s hard to put them in an exact order. I would tier-list them as such:

S-Tier: Mew, Magikarp, Gyarados
A-Tier: Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Celebi
B-Tier: Raichu, Charizard
C-Tier: Noctowl, Kabutops, Steelix

1 Like

My order would probably be this (I know you’ve said just Neo, but there aren’t too many cards with Shining in the name, so I’ve just included all - but feel free to focus on just the underlined ones from the Neo era :person_shrugging: ):

  1. Shining Gyarados (Neo Revelations) - S tier
  2. Shining Mew (Japanese-exclusive CoroCoro promo) - S tier
  3. Shining Magikarp (Neo Revelations) - A tier
  4. Shining Kabutops (Neo Destiny) - A tier
  5. Shining Steelix (Neo Destiny) - A tier
  6. Shining Imakuni? (Japanese-exclusive 018/P promo) - A tier
  7. Shining Genesect (Shining Legends) - A tier
  8. Shining Tyranitar (Neo Destiny) - A tier
  9. Shining Raichu (Neo Destiny) - B tier
  10. Shining Ho-Oh (SM70 promo) - B tier
  11. Shining Charizard (Neo Destiny) - B tier
  12. Shining Rayquaza (Shining Legends) - C tier
  13. Shining Celebi (Neo Destiny) - C tier
  14. Shining Mew (Shining Legends) - C tier
  15. Shining Celebi (SM79 promo) - C tier
  16. Shining Noctowl (Neo Destiny) - C tier
  17. Shining Mewtwo (Neo Destiny) - C tier
  18. Shining Lugia (SM82 promos) - C tier
  19. Shining Volcanion (Shining Legends) - C tier
  20. Shining Jirachi (Shining Legends) - D tier
  21. Shining Arceus (Shining Legends) - D tier

Although I always liked the triple-star rarity of the Neo Destiny Shining Pokémon, I’ve never been the biggest fan of their artworks if I’m being completely honest.
As for Shining Gyarados, I consider it one of the best artworks of the TCG. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t really care for any of them. Sure, Gyarados and Magikarp are decent by default and other than Steelix and Mewtwo I don’t hate any of them but it just feels like I’m going through the motions whenever we rank them. I do enjoy the colors on the Raichu, probably my favorite from Destiny, which probably would be Tyranitar if it wasn’t for the Fire energies. If I was still spending money I’d rather buy Base Blastoise or Ruby Sapphire Dustox 50 times over before buying any of them.

4 Likes

I included English Shinings from Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny.

  1. Magikarp
  2. Gyarados
  3. Tyranitar
  4. Kabutops
  5. Noctowl
  6. Raichu
  7. Mewtwo
  8. Charizard
  9. Steelix
  10. Celebi
4 Likes

5 Likes

Charizard

Kabutops

Mewtwo

Raichu

Tyranitar

Noctowl

Steelix

Celebi

Any list without Imakuni? is objectively wrong.

2 Likes
  1. Gyarados
  2. Noctowl
  3. Magikarp
  4. Kabutops
  5. Mewtwo
  6. Steelix
  7. Tyranitar
  8. Charizard
  9. Raichu
  10. Celebi
3 Likes

Japanese Shining Gyarados > Japanese Shining Magikarp >>> Japanese Neo 4 Shinings >>>>>>>>>>>>>> English Neo Shinings

2 Likes
  1. Gyarados
  2. Raichu
  3. Steelix
  4. Magikarp
  5. Celebi
  6. Kabutops
  7. Tyranitar
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Charizard
  10. Noctowl

Surprised Raichu is lower on most people’s rankings, I would almost give it the #1 spot

3 Likes

The good: Kabutops, Mewtwo, Gyarados, Raichu

The bad: Noctowl, Tyranitar, Magikarp

The ugly: Charizard, Steelix, Celebi

2 Likes
  1. Imakuni?
  2. Mew
  3. Gyarados
  4. Magikarp
  5. Raichu
  6. Steelix
  7. Tyranitar
  8. Kabutops
  9. Noctowl
  10. Mewtwo
  11. Charizard
  12. Celebi
2 Likes

Lot’s of different opinions on this one. Love that.

For me the problem with the Raichu, Charizard (although I still lije that one) and Celebi is the angle.

3 Likes

S: Gyarados, Tyranitar, Mew

A: Magikarp, Mewtwo

B: Kabutops, Raichu, Steelix, Celebi

C: Noctowl, Charizard

Edit: oops, forgot Charizard…

4 Likes