How do you price miscut cards?

specifically as a seller where there isn’t any sales history.

Depends on many different things such as; species, condition, degree of miscut, price of a regular version of the card, sales data of similar cards etc.

Pretty much weigh up all the factors and come to a price estimation.

2 Likes

I’d just create an ebay listing with an stupidly high price and allow best offer. That way you can see what people are willing to pay for the card as you don’t really have comps for unique items.

4 Likes

Alternatively, do a 10 day auction starting at a dollar.

6 Likes

I agree with @acebren’s assessment. I would add that graded miscuts sell for a premium too.

1 Like

100×(miscut severity) + (normal value)×(popularity multiplier)×(targeted buyer)

• miscut severity is a decimal from 0 to 1
  • normal value is what the card is worth with a normal cut
  • popularity multiplier is if the pokemon is popular (ex. charizord=1.5, pikachu=1.25)
  • targeted buyer is either 1 if you didn’t find the right buyer or could be as high as 10 if you find a person desperate to own the card.
2 Likes

Youre simply going to have to compare to similar miscut card sales. Try to find a card of similar rarity (common vs full art vs holo rare etc) from the a similar era set. Also gotta take into account it being a more or less popular pokemon and as pfm said, sometimes they can just sell way higher depending on how bad a seller wants that specific card/pokemon.

I think if you want the best bang for you buck, the more attention it gets the better. You dont want it to go unnoticed in an auction and sell very low cuz the right buyer that would pay a premium didn’t know about it. I’d do something similar to what stryker said. Alternatively, you can post it online like reddit or instagram and see if you get any private dms with offers.

Thanks, this is perfect.

I’m afraid an auction might allow a flipper to buy it rather than someone who collects insert random miscut card here. I’m not trying to squeeze money out of the listing, but rather trying to ensure that it goes to the person that actually collects that type of card.

1 Like