HolofoilStarmie's Collection Thread

Hi, new here, not sure if I’m doing this right so bear with me, but I thought I could start a collection thread to show some of the stuff I have since I’ve seen others have done so. Anyway to start off with is a card I’ve owned for years, but only recently got graded, namely, my no symbol Jungle Flareon holo :grin: Considering how long I’ve had it, I was really surprised by the grade being that high, I had been expecting a 5 or 6 haha!

Another item I really love and was a mini goal of mine for a while is this Charizard:

And then theres the ‘almost-trophy’ Grand Party promo I bought from @smpratte not too long ago, which is another card I had long wanted to own, just because of how incredibly good it looks:

I don’t want to get too caught up spamming images of absolutely everything I have here, but there are are few more things that might be even somewhat interesting:

In addition to these, I recently started collecting more of the original EX cards I was still missing from their debut set, as I really do love them, and today they’re a cool historical artifact showing the common ancestor of new-era EX, Level X, Primes and GX cards :grin:

11 Likes

Another thing I like to collect are e-series cards, since I have a massive soft spot for the entire e-series with their massive, obnoxious borders. Aquapolis and Skyridge are two of my favourite sets along with Base Set, and I really do think the entire e-series has some of the best artwork in the TCG:

(also just to be clear I’m re-using my IG photos that have been tweaked to increase the sharpness and vibrance since I don’t have the best camera, so if the colours or anything look weird or fake then that’s why lol):

6 Likes

Awesome collection thus far. That Zapdos is one of my all time favorite artworks of it. Love the distanced shot and the emphasis on the electricity/lightning.

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah it’s a really different depiction of Zapdos who’s so often just front and centre looking forwards (not that that’s a bad thing ofc I love Fossil Zapdos). Hajime Kusajima is my all time favourite Pokemon TCG artist.

2 Likes

Love the original Ruby & Sapphire ex cards. I think those are bound to shoot up in nostalgic and actual monetary value shortly–pretty low pops and it was the first Nintendo set and the very first ex’s. Just need to get that Electabuzz as a 10 and you’ve got a perfect set:p

1 Like

I agree! I actually really enjoyed the EX Ruby & Sapphire, Emerald and Deoxys era! And yeah haha that Electabuzz has been a pain I just cannot find a 10 anywhere lol

1 Like

Kusajima is one of my favorite TCG artists! I have a collection (albeit incomplete) of his cards.

1 Like

Awesome! Yeah his art seems to show up more on slightly harder to get cards such as the e-series with it’s sparse population :rofl: At least usually I think haha.

1 Like

I do also pick up sealed stuff from time to time, I like the idea that I’m doing my part to ensure some stuff stays sealed forever.

6 Likes

Great collection

1 Like

1 Like

Every so often I try to grab a grey stamp if I see one, I don’t really collect them but they’re still interesting, this Starmie is probably the faintest stamp I have, it’s much more faded in person than on camera:

1 Like