Hobby Fatigue?

You’ve done a great job with your collection recently, nothing wrong with putting things on pause and appreciating what you’ve done up to this point.

1 Like

I get fatigued buying all the time, its probably for the best to take breaks from time to time, I made the horrible mistake 4 years ago selling my collection, and over the last several months worked hard on acquiring cards that I sold in my collection. Its something everyone goes through at one point or another, don’t let it consume you.

There was a point last year where I thought I was flat out done. I took a break, and in a few months I was collecting again. It’s healthy to take a breather during those times when your passion is low. Strike when your heart is in it.

Could also be a little depression mixed in as well. I’m not Dr. Pokémon by any means, but I can relate because of my diagnosis and experiences. I bet there are several on here that have it as well.

1 Like

Definitely falling into these categories a bit. It’s important to identify and try to critique your lifestyle if it lends to exacerbating some kinks in certain humans’ nature

You’re a butterfly.

I hate butterflies.

I get hobby boredom. But then again that happens with every hobby I’ve had. Usually I’ll come back to it after some time. Starcraft2 in college. Golf during my 1st job. Cycling during my second. Woodworking and Pokemon during COVID. Now that works picked up again, I’ve offloaded a chunk of cards during the peak and invested back into the market, primarily big tech. Don’t really have the time to ebay hunt or Goodwillhunt much these days. I’m sure I’ll get back to some of these eventually. My next hobby that I’m eyeing is fixing up a good condition 993 911 with a buddy of mine.

2 Likes

I recommend selling out.

1 Like

I have ADHD and find myself getting bored easily. I keep myself occupied by having two or three hobbies I can jump between when I start to feel fatigued. Its healthy to take a break for a short while and that way when you come back to it (if you do) it is all new and exciting again and there will be more new things for you to hunt for for your collection.

I do NOT recommend selling out your collection until you are absolutely sure, because I did this a few years ago and it has come back to bite me now. there are cards I have had to pay 10x for in order to replace them. Don’t make my mistake, and I’m sure lots of people here have done something similar at some point.