Having trouble finding information on these Bandai cards

I’m in the process of completing the gen 2 set, it’s been much harder to complete than the gen 1. All Pokemon from 152-251 are in the set plus these five bonus cards…not sure if there are any other bonus cards so if anyone knows please let me know.

Also, I know there was a binder specific to Gen 1, but was there one specific to Gen 2?

2 Likes

Awesome @thedude1990, much appreciated info. Those bonus cards are sweet. Do you have any pics of say, the starters, or Tyranitar? Slowking? Thanks!

Here you go :grin:

Let me know if there are any others you’re interested in seeing and I’ll check if I have them

3 Likes

Celebi?

@thedude1990, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Amazing. I need these.

1 Like

Celebi is one of the few I am missing, but I do have an image of it.

2 Likes

Oh man I started collecting these and noticed my dupes had different backs and then it hit me they have different years on them. Then I found this thread and there’s 5 different years with the same front but different back??? Might start with one of each Pokemon first…Does anyone have a full collection of all the years? haha

hey, what are those two cards featuring the legendary pokemon???

These were the "secret rares’ for the Gen 2 Bandai Kids Cards

and is there any place for more information and better pictures? Im especially interested in the Mewtwo one as a Mewtwo collector. Were there secret rares in Gen 1 cards?

wait a minute. I was so confused seeing my profilepicture in the recent posts. Identityfraud is not a joke my friend

2 Likes

Anyone knows about these versions, looks like they had lottery instructions on the back for the Card binder. Anyone knows the release year or set these specific cards came in?

I have both sets in storage atm or else I would send you all the pics you want. As far as I know, Gen 1 didn’t have any secret rares, but they did have the different print runs. First print are the ones that have the year 1995 on the front, a few more between 1997 - 1998, and there was a reprint in 2018 I believe. Gen 2 was released in 2000.

If you’re able to find a copy of this book I would recommend it. It has everything you would need to know about the Bandai Kids cards from Gen 1 to Gen 4

And there’s a listing up right now for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 complete.

Ok don´t worry about the pics. I´ve been investigating throughly and its actually crazy how there are so many variations and so little information about this cards, when in fact there is a chance the 1st part of these series were released even before media factory base set (TCG) making them the second ever cards after bandai carddass. I focused on Mewtwo and have concluded that counting the 2018 version, there are 16 different versions of the Series 1 Mewtwo card, which is pretty crazy.

1 Like