Grey Stamps

How much of a price hike do grey stamped first ed. cards get? I know it’s a niche market but are these cards going to sell for significantly more? Do people care?

Are you referring to holos or non-holos?

I know that holos can demand a bit of a premium but I haven’t seen many hit the market. Most fly under the radar. The couple that I have purchased have been below market value for the regular stamped version.

I was referring to holos but lets talk about uncommon rares commons too.

I believe they are worth more, especially holos, to error collectors. The supply is way less, though so is the demand. The demand has been increasing though. It really is a totally different market. Anybody building a normal set probably wouldn’t like a grey mixed in. Nor would anybody building a grey set want a normal one in there.

2 Likes

The real question is do you have a grey stamp Gyarados?

3 Likes

i second that question

What happened to your $1million offer for a Grey Stamp gyarados at the bottom of your posts! Was seriously considering to sell, JKs I dont have :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol I think it was 1billion at one point, hopefully one day I get one :sob:

1 Like

I’m sure there’s some around. I have several, just not a Gyarados.

1 Like

Depends on the card, depends on the grade. Personally, I wouldn’t value a grey stamp PSA 9 Alakazam much higher than its normal counterpart. However, if a PSA 10 grey stamp Alakazam went up for sale I would definitely pay a premium for it.

Overall though its a niche market, Gary has had a Magneton listed for a while at what I would consider a fair markup, but there just isn’t any demand for that Pokemon specifically.

Yeah, I did get a 1500.00 offer for the Magneton but had to decline because I’m just not sure where the value is. I don’t recall ever seeing a 10 in a HOLO?

1 Like

I love them, can’t believe your magneton got a 10 Gary, its worth every cent you’re asking

3 Likes

I think you would be safe in assuming it is the only grey stamp 10, the highest I have seen is PSA 9 - Gyarados, Zapdos, Raichu and Poliwrath. i have a sneaky suspicion @gemmintpokemon is going for a full set :wink:

yea it’s the only 10 grey stamp I’ve seen. Unfortunately Magneton is probably bottom 3 for the holos popularity-wise so it isn’t attracting much attention.

Settle this debate Gary, auction it off.

Lol…id hate to let it go;)

He’d anxiously arrive at the post office, drop it in the box with great care, and instantly feel a wave of regret tingling down his spine shouting NOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 Like

Do it, I think it would be worth doing even if you just set a stupidly high reserve just so you can get an idea of what it’s worth, psa 10 base holos are 99% BIN listings so I’m sure it would get interest from alot of people.

Maybe:)
I did just grade a PSA 7 Machamp I could do that to also.

1 Like

No reason not to test the waters sir, I know in my head how much I am willing to bid on it already haha.

1 Like