Grading modern cards

So I have recently just gotten into grading modern cards (maybe it’s because of the texture?) and I am finding it much more difficult to estimate what grade the card will get compared to vintage Holos. Any tips from anyone? If I can be pointed to some information like a video that would be great! :blush:

Modern does well in most cases. Centering seems to be something I can’t predict Well, with PSA it seems to be so random how they grade it with full arts etc.
Also so called “roller marks on the back side”
(some modern sets have these some not, somethimes they down grade due that and somethimes they seems to ignore that printing/factory issue)

1 Like

Centering is a big issue with some of the newer sets. I’ve also seen a lot of hyper-rare cards from these sets having awful edges right out of the pack.

Modern cards- mass produced causing the quality to be poop. That combined with the (is it just me?) strict grading on them makes it quiet difficult to get 10’s.

Just my opinion.

In the last year or two I think the quality of english modern cards has improved quite a bit. I pull some Vs and am amazed at how perfect the card looks especially compared with cards pulled from BW and XY sets.

My new pretty little Champions Path Shiny Zard i pulled will ultimately not get a 10, therefore, they are poo lol