Grading hand-cut Japan Post stamps

I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with my stamps from the Japan Post Stamp box collaboration and found this auction on ebay.

Anyone ever see another set graded?

I also checked the pop report on PSA’s site and couldn’t find them, but I was able to find the the certs on the PSA app.

7 Likes

I was getting ready to type “you can’t convince me this looks good” but honestly it’s not the worst thing I’ve seen today. Even so I would much rather just frame the sheet/put it in a large toploader.

Maybe just me but the fact the label says hand-cut also makes it feel even more forced.

3 Likes

I agree, they dont look bad but i think it would look nicer all together because i was debating the same thing. Thanks for bringing this up, im going to message someone about the custom frames he does if this was something he could do. Im all about framing. I just bought this and i bet he could do something that would look good:

2 Likes

Mint grading in Canada slabbed the stamps before. I’m sure other companies would grade these as well but not sure which ones.

I think they look great!

1 Like

Looks like that set is the only 10s graded. I’m honestly surprised PSA would grade these. TCA Gaming about to go wild over the Charizard.

https://www.psacard.com/pop/non-sport-cards/2021/japan-post-pokemon-stamp-box-stamps/235750

2 Likes

from greeny’s collect-a-con recap vid from charlotte 2023

3 Likes

I would assume ASG would grade them and they would look great (parent company is CGC) but they don’t look terrible in the PSA slab either surprisingly given the size lol

2 Likes

I was looking into them but I think they’re only grading submissions from China? Maybe I misread. I also looked into PSE Professional Stamp Experts, but their encapsulation service got cancelled because its encapsulating isn’t popular in the stamp collecting world.

1 Like

Wow, you are correct. It seems since at least 2022 they arent doing US submissions. Had no idea. Very odd

2 Likes

Confirmed with the seller that the stamps were paid for and already shipped. I think we are going to see hundreds or thousands of these graded in the next two months

1 Like

$7k for the lot is pretty crazy when the stamp sheet is still available for under $100!

1 Like

ZandG said they have 20 full sets already at psa for consignors lol These prices are going to fall quicklyyyy

1 Like

Wow, are they cutting the stamps out and submitting them or are they getting precut stamps from people consigning with them?

1 Like

Do people spending $7,100 on uncut stamps not understand where these come from? They will be plentiful in the coming months. RIP to the buyer for throwing their money away.

2 Likes

I will try to get more info lol

I genuinely think the buyer must have 1000 sets of these pre-cut and ready to go and just paid this insane number to make the market

5 Likes

Galaxy-brained plan. T-24 until all of the stamp sheets are purchased on eBay.

3 Likes

The black backdrop looks good. Does SGC do stamps? Because that might be nice

Paying a $7000 premium for someone to cut out a set of stamps and slab them might be one of the dumbest moves I’ve ever seen in this hobby.

7 Likes

It’s definitely up there with the tens of thousands of dollars spent on Base Set 1st Ed commons in 2020.

1 Like