Flashfire Seriously?

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-XY-Flashfire-Booster-Box-Sealed/264739222172?hash=item3da3aff29c:g:-qMAAOSwb7tex5Hl

I thought this box was $500 before COVID and now it’s $2000??

1 Like

@hisoka107, he can ask whatever he wants for it but they are selling around $1000.

5 Likes

I didn’t check sold, but other active listings were asking for $2000 range.
I can’t believe this box skyrocketed up that much in a few months.

2 Likes

Charizard is in here, pretty nice card :wink:

1 Like

The fact that any X and y or sun and moon set has made progress is mind boggling to me none have small print runs…

1 Like

@hisoka107, the flashfire Mcharizard is a hot chase card these days I suppose. What’s funny is I bought a mint one a couple weeks ago for $3 because the seller thought it was a “china card”.

Pic

3 Likes

With so many different fakes of secret Charizard, I find it difficult to tell the difference with the real ones, that’s why I stayed clear away from this set.

2 Likes

I remember that. I saw a few of the newer cards and they look like fakes. I’m not super familiar with the new rarities. It looked like some rainbow rares didn’t have texture and they look like the old fakes.

1 Like

@hisoka107 , yeah I bought this 100% expecting it to be fake for $3 shipping included.

Is it not the same one from the picture? Because that border is way off

2 Likes

@pkmnflyingmaster, yeah, its a bit shifted up

I don’t want to be a downer but if you received the card in the picture it’s almost certainly fake

6 Likes

Interesting, kinda have to keep an eye to see how this unfolds, lots of people on both sides saying this wont hold for longterm, some people saying modern will sky rocket, etc.

Could be but it was $3. The border does look weird at the bottom but its with PSA so we’ll see what they think. It felt very real though.

1 Like

If PSA grades that card…yikes. Super fake

2 Likes

To be fair the fakes of those Flashfire secret rares are probably the most convincing fakes I’ve seen. Lucky they’re only doing it with those cards and not more valuable ones. These used to sell on eBay a lot and a shit ton of kids probably got hosed (or their unsuspecting parents did) which of course is a shame.

1 Like

Haha, Ill report back

2 Likes

I worry most with modern is reprints, kinda like what magic suffers from if pokemon ever decides to go that route.

As long as there’s a way to distinguish between the reprint and the original, I don’t see a reason why reprints will affect the original at all. Sometimes reprints even increase the value of the original. Unless by reprint you mean a second print run of the set?

If it’s fake that is a good way to get banned from grading