ex-series secret rares

Does anyone now the secret rare pull rates from the ex series sets?

Team Magma/Aqua onward.

I believe all were box toppers except Here Comes Team Rocket and Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Celebi ex’s.

From what I remember, the birds came in about 1:36, and the other two are about 1:72. I think you could also pull the Zard line from EX Dragon packs, but I could be wrong.

Weren’t the box toppers just the oversized cards and the secret rares were cards you just pulled from packs?

Or was that just for e-series?

@budget

Large box toppers appeared in Legendary Collection and E-series sets.

How were the box toppers packaged? What condition were they usually found in?

In the case of ex dragon did you randomly get 1 of the 3 secrets in the set?

They generally just sat on top of the packs in the box, no sleeve/wrapper. For this reason, its relatively difficult to find some of these in great condition, i.e. Team Rocket’s Persian ex has a very low gem 10 pop. I’d have to assume that has to do with the packaging of the card, to an extent. I know first hand that the one I pulled had a considerable nick in the corner that doesn’t look like it would come from factory, however I’m sure that’s not always the case.

Edit: Some sets had a SR as a boxtopper as well as one designated to be pulled from packs. Not sure what the situation for ex Dragon was though.

Ex dragon: Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard all from packs

Magma VS Aqua: Absol box topper, Jirachi from packs

Hidden Legends : Groudon box topper

FireRed LeafGreen: Charmander box topper, articuno, zapdos, and moltres from packs

Team Rocket Returns: Charmeleon box topper, Here comes team rocket! from packs

Deoxys: Rocket’s Raikou box topper

Emerald: Farfetch’d box topper

Unseen Forces: Rocket’s Persian box topper, Celebi from packs

Delta Species: Azumarill box topper

Legend maker: Pikachu box topper

Holon Phantoms: Mew box topper

Hope this helps :blush:

4 Likes

That’s funny, I thought I knew for sure they came from packs and I was going to say so, but I double checked Bulbapedia and they said they were boxtoppers.

“EX Dragon was also the first expansion since Skyridge to include box toppers. Unlike previous box toppers, these cards are regular-sized and appear as secret cards as part of the expansion. These cards are Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard.”

Thanks for clarifying. Might have to write them a strongly worded letter.