Ebay protected me a seller against fraud - Surprising!

Hello guys.

I have some good news to report for anyone that sells on ebay or is thinking of it.

I sold two Central Processing units, Xeon chips (90$ each).

The buyer claimed that the package never arrived, despite the tracking number showing delivered.

Either it got stolen from his doorstep or he got them and decided that they should be free.

Buyer opened an ebay dispute, and the escalated.

Ebay ruled in my favor, closed the dispute, and made it so he couldn’t leave any feedback to me, I will be adding him to my banned buyer list so he doesn’t buy a 3$ item and then neg me.

This is very reassuring to know, it made me happy and I hope to relate this good news about ebay policy since I know 90% of the fourm here buys and sells cards on ebay.

Everybody have a nice day!

Sorry for the blog post.

11 Likes

A good news to start the morning with! Grats!

1 Like

I’m glad you won the case but why is it surprising? Buyer claims non-receipt tracking shows delivery done deal.

4 Likes

I was surprised. Ebay sides with buyer 99% of the time, I am glad to see it is NOT 100% of the time.

There is still the risk of credit card chargeback from this guy.

Good to hear.

Where was the item shipped to?

I have had some items get stolen off porches, not Pokémon though.

Miami is terrible for that in my opinion.

It does suck for the buyer. It’s one of the main reasons I meet my mailman at the box when I’m waiting on an expensive package.

People are crazy shipping high end cards without requiring sigs. In the last 3 weeks, I’ve not had to sign for a single card over 1k.

good to hear. this stuff scares me so much I literally will only sell stuff cash/pickup only. maybe one day ill branch out. this is definitely a step in the right direction

Somewhat similar thing happened to me.
I sent a $40 card according to their PP address and the system said it was delivered.
Buyer sends me a message the next day saying he doesn’t have the package and if there’s anything I could do.
I told him I’d ask my post office about it and suggested he’ll have better luck contacting his local post office and carrier since they were the last ones to handle the package.
Was then expecting a dispute but fortunately nothing came out of it.

I just got a 3100$ slab delievered to me without a signature today. Was shocked.

Don’t these guys know that if the item is over 750$ you don’t get seller protection without a signature?

By the way, guy lives in Los Angeles (the one who’s CPUs were “stolen”

Lol that is wild!

I had a seller ask me the other day if I wanted to pay extra for insurance lol.

I was like nahh, ship however you prefer. It was a shadowless zard that I stole in my opinion.

He shipped it in a jankity otter box looking case with a fucking penny sleeve wrapped in some foam.

Not insured, no signature, regular usps. People crack me up.