DjYeeJ's Collection Thread

Hey guys! I recently came back to collecting and decided to really have fun with it while I’m bored at home. I’ve recently completed a couple collection goals, small and large, built around my best pulls from when I was a kid.

My best pull as a kid! I didn’t know it though until I sent it in to PSA in January. It sat in a 3 ring binder with no sleeve for 13 years… talk about lucky.

Dragon Frontiers has always been my favorite set and it was my childhood dream to complete it, so I decided to go for it. I already had the Charizard, Dragonite, and Rayquaza so it didn’t break the bank too hard.

I have a couple more bangers tucked in another corner, maybe I’ll post them another day. Thanks for reading!

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum! The Delta species cards are awesome.

Edit: Alakazam is also one of my favorite Pokemon, great display!

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s what makes it my favorite set, delta species always made for distinct and eye catching art, and to pair that with all the dragons is amazing! Oh yeah and Charizard gold star is pretty cool too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Gotta love Dragon Frontiers :slight_smile: nice collection congratulations :slight_smile: what’s next collection goal?

1 Like

@djyeej, super awesome! I’m also a big fan of the dragon frontier set. The concept and artwork of delta species are just intriguing for me. Any plan to grade those EXs and holos?

2 Likes

No immediate plans but I may make an EX Legend Maker binder because I may have a some of the good cards :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! As long as I keep them displayed I’m not planning to grade them, but the Dragonite and Rayquaza are very gradable when I decide to sell in the future. The rest are NM but not 9-10 candidates probably

2 Likes

I love Mew ex from Legend Maker :slight_smile: I just got a steal on a near mint/mint maybe 7 or 8 quality for $45 thru a first time seller :slight_smile: I took a gamble

1 Like

Showing off pretty much the rest of my collection! Once again, my collections are based off of building around my best pack pulls as a kid.

Really want to get these graded but the Regice is in pretty rough shape so I’m waiting to find a better one to upgrade to. 9 year old me should’ve inspected it closer before buying it at the local card shop.

My incomplete FRLG EX set. All of these were pack pulled as a kid except for the Charizard and Zapdos. Was thinking of finishing but the missing cards are getting a little pricy and I’m running out of room to make displays :sob:

My small set of Eeveelutions. I think my plan is to get the Flareon and Jolteon Gold Star and the Espeon EX from Unseen Forces, but again that’s pretty pricy.

Thanks for checking my stuff out!

3 Likes

Dragon Frontiers is a sweet set. Sad that I quit playing the TCG right around then, so never bough any of the set. Nice collection.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah Dragon Frontiers was towards the end for me too. I never really got on board with Diamond and Pearl sets for some reason.

Haven’t updated here in a while. Was able to finish all of my collection goals last year and now I’m “done.” Will still continue to keep up with new Umbreons, Alakazams, and hopefully more modern gold star releases. But I’m really happy with what I was able to build up!

11 Likes