CZDurandal's Collection- UPDATE 11/21- Shadowless Charizard!

Hi everyone,

Former Jr. hockey player and business grad here who’s passion for Pokemon got revived by my little brother collecting. Bought a CP6 box when they came out, and that sealed the deal seeing all the vintage artwork again. I’m a huge Sceptile fan, and am only missing a few- namely the non-holo POP series one.

Without further ado, some of the good stuff-
1st Edition Gold stars. Cards like these in budget are few and far between.

Ultimate goals are some specific JP 1st Edition Gold Stars and the shadowless starters, regardless of condition. If you want anything, send over a PM.

Loving the collections on here and had to share mine, be it ever so humble, lol.

UPDATE- Decided to clean this up, didn’t like the binder pics. Will be posting the individual cards in better quality, have plenty of cool things coming in the mail that I’ll update with.

8 Likes

Good start! I’ve been slowly working on the EX line of reverses. Making some progress, just trying to find bulk lots of them to get a good start going.

So I gotta ask, what’s up with the base 1st Charizard and the mini Rayquaza cards?

Nice collection! Love seeing all of the EX series cards!

Haha, the mini Ray just popped up as a kid and I had to grab, never seen anything like it before or since. Everyone always comments, so I guess it was worth it. The Charizard was a fake card I made, stripped a reverse holo down and printed on top of it.

That explains it! Looked so… odd.

Thanks, I loved the distinction of the ex cards compared to regular or holo rares- the silver border was amazing compared to anything other than Legendary collection at the time.

Three versions of the Aqua/Magma Sceptile ex.

5 Likes

Just missing the unlimited version; not sure if I care enough to complete the trio. Has to be my favourite card, something about the artwork…

4 Likes

In the middle, a very under-rated Charizard for how different the art is compared to some the cartoonier looks. Also probably one of the mintiest cards I own, next to the matching Charmeleon I pulled from a eBay-bought booster a few months ago. Reverse Holo Crystal Charizard is actually another card I made as kid.

5 Likes

Nice cards man! I agree, secret charizard is underrated. I also really want to find a copy of the state championship version

Thanks! For sure, it’s cool they made TCG Championship versions of an SR holo card instead of a trainer or something like that.

I also think that the Ex Dragon Charizard Secret Rare is severely underrated. I think it might be to do with the art looking a bit confusing from a distance, and also that Ex Dragon is just a really underrated set.

1 Like

Don’t just stop at the charizard! Get the City and State championship as well! :blush:

Some more stuff while I wait for the mail. 3 of my favourite ex’s, and every holo Sceptile (not including reverse foils past the ex series).

6 Likes

This is tied with the Stormfront Sceptile for personal favourite artwork. Classically beautiful imo, looks like it belongs on a Neo series card.

4 Likes

And the Stormfront Sceptile.

3 Likes

Awesome Sceptile cards! Are you aiming to collect all of the variations? Or just the holos?

Only missing 3 non-holo’s (namely the Pop series non-holo that’s $20 or so) and a couple of reverses in english ,but really only interested in the holo’s as they tend to have the best artwork. Not letting myself get started with Japanese lol, and its nothing as serious as your Blaziken’s obviously.

Going to be transitioning to WotC stuff now that I’ve got most of the ex era stuff I wanted, but that stuff isn’t cheap!

I don’t know if you ever buy from Troll and Toad (I know they can be hit or miss), but they have a POP 4 NM Sceptile listed for $14 right now! www.trollandtoad.com/p202857.html

Have to agree with the holo + artwork thing! But, sometimes I wonder if I would like certain non-holo artwork more if it was given a holo…Hmmmm…

Oh cool! Good luck with WotC! To me EX series is worth every penny, as it’s my favorite era. I really want to focus my set completion goals towards those sets, but gold stars are getting more expensive/harder to find in NM condition. Darn E4 making me more picky about condition!!!

Troll and Toad is a game of roulette, best prices and selection but something bugs me about stock photo’s…

Pff tell me about, I mentally grade everything with my rational being one day I’ll have more money, but card condition will never get better lol. And thanks, you too.