Criminal activity involving Pokemon cards

www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/01/06/national/crime-legal/man-arrested-forging-prized-popsicle-sticks-pokemon-cards/

20 Likes

www.police.gov.sg/media-room/news/20210105_man_arr_for_e-commerce_scam_involving_sale_of_trading_cards

4 Likes

Huh, reading the headline I thought they just faked the stamps on the card, but actually they faked the popsicles to get the real cards? That’s some true 4d chess right there. Obiviously the scammer is a pathetic lowlife, but I do kinda respect the creativity in on itself.

7 Likes

8 Likes

25 fake garigari-kun x pokemon card game popsicle sticks submitted by the man. These sticks were/are at least 30,000 yen on the japanese secondary market today. I don’t know if you can still submit them at the company that produces them. I didn’t see that they stopped accepting them.

News article said he submitted them in early November.

That’s attempted fraud for at least $7250 worth of winning garigari-kun popsicles. Imagine if he would get 25 Zarude V Garigari-kun promo cards from it now, these promos are worth at least 35-45,000 yen now…

It seems funny at first, but it’s quite serious. Of course, he probably will only get charged for attempted fraud on winning this lottery and not on attempted fraud for a specific amount of money.

6 Likes

I know that he was most likely going to sell the cards or sticks, but that card they were giving out is ugly as heck.

If I was going to forge special popsicle sticks to scam a business over a childrens card game, the card better have a better Pokemon than Zarude.

3 Likes

But imagine it with a BGS black label :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Smart enough to forge the stick but not smart enough to send them in one at a time. RIP

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of a more Japanese white-collar crime

The suspect lives in Saitama.

I live in Saitama.

But it wasn’t me!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes