Crazy things selling for high prices when we were younger...

So just take a small break from Pokemon, I have ventured out and looked at stuff for when we were younger or even just kids because collectibles have expanded all over the place. Anyways, a friend showed me this and it blew my mind and thought I would share. Have you seen anything selling for crazy prices from your childhood or younger years that you would never think of? Would love to see! Altoid sours were discontinued awhile back, I actually forgot about these.

1 Like

Knew I should’ve stocked up on altoids

9 Likes

Mainly comics and humor magazines. They are tough to find in good condition because they were all well handled.

1 Like

1990s cars!

1 Like

Some of my original toys looking back on them. I was a huge fan of Jurassic park when I was younger and had several of the original toys. I’m missing quite a few of the more expensive ones I had but I still have several of the jurassic park 3 toys that are worth a decent bit. Some of them are worth a few hundred dollars still in the box.

I think it’s fun to look back on the things that used to be really expensive and are worthless now too. I remember my dad paying $200 for a VCR when I was 5 or 6 and several hundred dollars for a decent sized box TV. Now you can get a 55" 4k smart TV from Walmart for $399 lol

1 Like

Yeah, but good luck playing your VHS tapes on it! :grin:

3 Likes

I honestly miss VHS. It’s such an iconic device. You put a rectangle box into a bigger rectangle box to play a movie on an even bigger square box.

2 Likes

Lol good point. I still have several VHS from my childhood and no player to play them. I’ve been meaning to head to a thrift store or pawn shop and pick one up so I can watch the first few pokemon movies again!

1 Like

Yesterday my dad shared an old Radio Shack ad with me that showed a picture of the very first computer my family ever purchased, complete with a Tandy monitor. There were pictures of all the other electronics too, VCRs, phones, stereo sets, and all I ever think about when I see those things is, “I’m just glad everything doesn’t weigh that much anymore.”

1 Like

Lol agreed but I still think it’s more fascinating than a disc.

I bet many modern-day burglars would echo that exact sentiment.
Imagine hauling 80s electronics while being chased. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have a bunch of old Street Sharks action figures at my mother’s place. Just looked up the sold listings. Might have to check them out!

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xstreet+sharks.TRS0&_nkw=street+sharks&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=pog+slammer&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

1 Like

Dang, I had no idea those got to collectors status. Ours are way too beat up though.

Unfortunately, I didn’t like the hair on my Rox figure. So I cut it off and made it into a mohawk. XD

1 Like

I think there was an episode of Good Mythical Morning here recently where they tried these old expired altoids. Think it was about the same time of this post so that could have sparked the interest.

1 Like

Rewinding two hours to watch a half hour movie lol :wink:

Exactly. Great moments

When I was a kid we had the car that you could put a VHS tape in to rewind. Anyone else have one of those? haha

2 Likes

Omg yes. Ours was exactly like this (image from google).

2 Likes

I have zoid action toys that are worth a bit and some jurrasic park toys as well. Surprising how expensive that stuff is in box.

1 Like