Cards that might drop due to 2024 rotation

Today I wanna talk about something. In terms of playing, we are going to start season 2023-2024 this week. During half of the season, a rotation will occur that will make E Regulation mark cards illegal. This mean that a lot of playable and valuable cards will be banned, and that always means they will decrease in price. Today, I want to show some cards you should sell and not invest because their price will drop due to this.

DISCLAIMER: All things I say here are just aproximations of what had happened in other card rotations and not actual facts. Alt Arts, Full Arts and Rainbow versions of this cards might not drop. I only show the actual playable cards that will be illegal after rotation in early 2024.

Duraludon V / Duraludon VMAX (EVS)

Duraludon VMAX is a very playable card. It has won a lot of tournaments, including Top 2 NAIC with Arceus VSTAR as his partner. All versions of Duraludon V and Duraludon VMAX (including Alt Arts) might drop when rotation occurs.

Umbreon V / Umbreon VMAX (EVS)

Umbreon VMAX is also played with Duraludon and Arceus. It can counter almost all meta and has the powerful ability to drag a benched Pokémon to the active. I will say here the Moonbreon variant (Alt Art Umbreon VMAX from EVS) might not drop, because, man, its the most expensive card of SWSH Era… Also Umbreon V art alt, it could not drop.

Inteleon V / Inteleon VMAX (FS)

Inteleon VMAX from Fusion Strike won one of the biggest tournaments of this year: NAIC. Would say the Alt Art might also drop, but, as always, unsure.

RS SS Urshifu V / RS SS Urshifu VMAX (BTS)

Both Rapid Strike and Single Strike Urshifu VMAX are good. Rapid Strike is played with Inteleon, while Single Strike with Lugia. Both are very good options. Alt Arts might not drop, but normal cards should.

Tyranitar V (BTS)

Tyranitar V is the core card of actual Lugia VSTAR. A pretty decent attacker that has made into lots of tournaments. Same as always, alt art might not drop.

Dragonite V (EVS)

Dragonite V is one of the main attackers of Lost Zone Box. Is a very important part of the deck. This Alt Art is an amazing one, and also may not drop.

Mew V / Mew VMAX / Genesect V / Elesa Sparkle (FST)

The whole Mew VMAX deck will be illegal after rotation. It is a pretty dominant deck and cards can drop when it became illegal.

Items and Energy

Here some cards that might drop:

• Echoing Horn
  • Single Strike Energy
  • Rapid Strike Energy
  • Level Ball
  • Power Tablet

That is all for now. Some cards may change with new cards coming in next sets. But this is what we have for now. Hope you like it and will try to bring any new about this.

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see how big an impact organized play has on the value of full arts and ultra rares. I for one loved and have been shocked at Lysandre’s continued lackluster showing, but then there’re the waifus… :unamused:

Personally I think it’s more likely we would see heavier drops in gold stadiums and item cards (path to the peak in particular comes to mind) and less desirable full art trainers compared to the alt arts. This is mostly just because the alt arts you listed were priced pretty high before they became relevant in the tcg (though Mew has been dominant forever, so I could see it and Genesect dropping a little). :blush: Love thinking about things as they relate to the tcg though as I feel like this is often forgotten!

It’s almost Aug, two years after Evolving Skies was released. Is Evolving Skies out-of-print?