Buying cards from abroad during the current situation

I have had no problems. Yesterday got package from Japan, ordered last week. AmiAmi package is in New York.

Packages are still being delivered in Italy, if it’s something that requires a signature you’ll receive a phone call from the mailman to notify you: you can have the package deposited at the Post Office or delivered to you( you’ll just have to wait for the mailman to deposit the package in the mailbox and then you can retrieve it, just to maintain a safe distance).

That being said, you should all avoid shipping cards/going to the post office for something that’s not a necessity for a while or you’ll be forced to sooner or later^^(probably sooner than later)

1 Like

I have a package coming from the Netherlands. No movement for the last 8 days. At least the guy and I know each other on discord so we can communicate.

USD to GBP is starting to get a nightmare. Prices on my watch list seem to increase daily based on conversion rates!

1 Like

My 2 cents here.

I’m from Costa Rica and ordered a couple of cards from US. Both orders are delayed/no movement with different couriers/sellers. If the cards arrive to my country (crossing fingers they do), i expect some major delays in customs.

Right now i would avoid ordering from different countries and if you do order, expect some delays.

Everything is normal in ireland except for today I got a message from an ebay seller saying they cant leave their house for 15 days. Seller is in France on quarantine.

1 Like

I have a package I bought in the limbo but idk if its due to virus or not, it was from Taiwan.

I have a 1999-2000 base Charizard coming from Italy that seems to be tied up. Bought it right at the start of the breakout there :confused: with their reputation in mail as it is I’m never fully expecting to receive this one… lol. Just a lengthy process for claims and refunds in the future im sure.

1 Like

Recently bought two cards from Italy, the seller assured me his post office was still up and running and I made some bids. I still fully expected this to happen and took the risk. I’m just hoping now that they are scanned and logged into the system and are safe and should reach me once all this is over, I think buying anything now from most country’s carry’s a risk, with some country’s being higher on the risk scale, just use caution.

Saying that I have received cards recently from america and japan with zero problems. And still very quick post times

I’m from the U.K.

Sadly, USPS just lost one pack that was in transit for like 2 weeks ago. Was planning to buy more during these days but with that being lost I’ll have to think twice, at least during this madness.

Is there a tracking number you can copy from the ebay listing? I had this same thing show up in the ebay app. Good news… I Received my card yesterday! The entire time within the ebay app it only said “tracking provided” and never updated. Even now that it’s delivered it never updated. I was able to use 17tracking.net to find mind. If yours is in the same system it may show you specific updates and locations there instead of the app. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ll give it a try, hopefully they arrive with no problems.

Ordered a card from Italy, I’m in USA. Received it without problem. Ebay showed the same as above. I used 17tracking to track and it worked great.

2 Likes

Yeah I know nothing about it but it really helped me out a lot. Has more accurate detailed info than USPS for the most part.

1 Like

Mail seems to move between Europe and US even with restrictions. My package from the US was shipped from California and it was scanned in Tokyo yesterday. So it’s making a long way coming through Japan.

I know Finnish airline Finnair still has a flight to Tokyo so this makes sense. Idk how it will be with rest of the Europe though.

1 Like

So far, there hasn’t been any issues from and to Sweden.

1 Like

I purchased 2 cards from Japan (different sellers) in the last three weeks and I received them really quickly. I’ve also made a purchase from Canada and received them relatively quickly as well. The mail systems seem to be unaffected so far, but that’s just based on anecdotal experience.

Based in U.S. by the way.

1 Like

Royal Mail in the UK have a international incident report for mail services abroad. It highlights countries where there are major issues with postal services, these are labelled as ‘On suspension’. This doesn’t mean all the other countries are without some potential delays of course but its a helpful guide:

personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

My experiences over last weeks.

From Germany:
to Italy, absolutely no delays (almost faster than usual)
to France, very slow, additionally since April 1st La Poste’s service has been severely limited (to a max of 15 kg and 60 x 60 x 60 cm per package) and three delivery days per week
to UK, Netherlands and Belgium, as usual
to US, since April 1st DHL is charging 16€ per package on top

To Germany:
from UK
, as usual
from Japan, every shipping method apart from FedEx and DHL-Express has been very slow, SAL shipments have been halted
from US, as usual (haven’t ordered and/or received anything since the 25th of March)

1 Like