Buyee alternative needed

Hey guys, since Buyee is not available in Germany anymore, do you know any alternative so that I can buy from Pokemon Center again? Every help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ve used a middleman called wakuwakumono but not completely sure how they work with pokemon center.

Also, why isn’t buyee working in germany anymore? Couldn’t find any news about it on their website

1 Like

I don’t recommend buyee to be honest. They have horfull policies when it comes to buyer protection. It is also becoming a shell where hides lots of scammers or flippers.

Try https://blackship.com/ , just one of many japanese company that provide package forwarding services.

Or just use ebay.

1 Like

curious how you came to this conclusion considering buyee doesn’t sell products, but just buys products for you. not sure how a scammer or flipper could explicitly use buyee unless you mean to buy products and in then flip those to people not using buyee

1 Like

just asked a german friend to check to see if buyee was indeed not available to him and it seems like it was unavailable at a time, but is now fine.

Buyee provides you easy access to platform as Mercari, yahoo japan … experience has shown that whatever buyees buy on your behalf is on your own risks… many real and confirmed stories of having people receiving the wrong card, the wrong condition etc… Buyee will not step for you or dispute the purchase… that’s how their business model is entrenched. Scammers abuse that.

As opposite, ebay retains money for a long period before proceeding payment, should you have an issue or have proof of a scam, you can open a dispute. For Buyee you cannot do that, they will just point you to their small print disclaimer and wash their hand. Ofen than not Buyee will not side on the buyer, ebay does.

So while the environment was ok back a couple of years ago, since then prices have surged so much that it has attracted lots scammers (resealed box, resealed packs, fake photos, damaged card advertised as in good condition with deceiving photos etc …).

I won’t stop people from buying through buyee but I’ll urge caution to anyone who do. My advise, there are many other platform that are safer and equally cheaper than buyee.

Plus I understood that he was looking for an alternative?

ZenMarket - Der beste Proxy-Einkaufsservice um aus Japan zu kaufen!

Finding a new middle man is like finding a new mechanic…

Zenmarket does Germany. They waive service fees on your first item with a new account, so you can run a test(You still have to pay for the item and international shipping, of course). I highly recommend it. However, you can’t purchase from Buyee.

Auf Wiedersehen

I use Blackship for pokemon center, no issues with them and much better service than I had with Tenso/Buyee. Tenso doesn’t even take pictures of your boxes.

Just a heads up, but Tenso will take picture of your shipment if you request through the contact form.

Good to know, but I just found their interface too frustrating. Blackship is much more user friendly.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for your help! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

buyee has a request photo feature as well

@humbleon yes he was looking for an alternative. I was just curious why you think buyee is somehow responsible for malicious actors and other proxy services are somehow impervious to them. I just have a hard time imagining how someone with the intent to scam could set up their account to make it so that no other proxy service can order from them except buyee.

Sorry for the tangent, but I actually have my first big yuyutei+Buyee order being processed. Wondering if it’s worth it to buy extra shipping protection from Buyee, or if it’s just fine in the packaging yuyutei used.

I’ve never used the extra shipping protection and all of my shipments have always been bubble wrapped to oblivion ¯_(ツ)_/¯ It might be nice for peace of mind and it also depends on what you’re ordering, but I tend to shy away from it

1 Like

yuyutei packaging is pretty solid. they use a sort of cardboard envelope setup and the cards are sort of strapped to it with plastic. buyee will put that in another package. likely a box.

i’ve placed 4 buyee orders so far with yuyutei orders being in two of them and have never paid for extra protection. haven’t had anything arrive damaged.

however i am just one example, and i’m sure there are other less positive stories.

1 Like