55k graded base set charizards?

Saw this on instagram and there are 55k graded base set unlimited charizards graded by psa

14 Likes

Its crazy how a 3 year old card (champions path) has more graded than the charizard card

20 Likes

It’s the 10 ratio to graded that stands out like a sore thumb. This stuffs gonna be worth jack in the future.

For what it’s worth, this omits all non-English and non-Japanese languages.

Yes, tons of Unlimited copies around which is great for budget minded collectors. Personallly though I skipped Unlimited all together and went Shadowless :slight_smile:

Now I’m also nearing completion of a 1st Ed Shadowless set, just a few more holos left and I already got the big 3 collected. No Rarity seems interesting to me as well, if I find the money I may eventually try and build a binder set of it also.

2 Likes

I can’t believe it has more value than slabbing cost even today, let alone in the future

5 Likes

Base Set Charizard is the rarest card in all of Pokemon (source: my schoolmates in 1999, also numerous eBay auctions) so PSA must have graded a load of fake ones. Shame on them.

3 Likes

It’s interesting how even 55k seems small in relation to 10 billion cards printed last year, and 53 billion cards printed in Pokemon’s lifetime.

P.S. Base 2 has 18 too many slabbed.

1 Like

Have to wonder how much of the 55K population are from cracking and resubmitting.

2 Likes

It really should be. But man, if there is one thing I know not to do in pokemon; it is bet on logical decision making/pricing

1 Like

There wouldn’t be these numbers if it wasn’t a net gain.

Pawn stars of the future when a seller turns up with 20 percent of the 10s market lol.

1 Like

I think this is a huge part of it. I wouldn;t be surprised if something like 30 percent of this number was re-submitting.

4 Likes

What a great post :disguised_face:

Why does it always seem to surprise people that there will ALWAYS be another copy of a set card!?

The numbers are high but not that surprising considering the number of resubmitted cards and the mega hype during the last few years. I would love to see when they were graded.

2 Likes

12,400ish graded in 2023

4 Likes