5 USD Dream Competition - April 13th to 19th

Thought it would be fun to have a little challenge while everyone is out there looking for deals. The purchase post with the most likes wins.

Submission Rules:
Spend $5 USD or less including shipping.
Post a screenshot of the proof of purchase with price and date.
Provide the conversion with rate on the day of the purchase if not in USD.
Has to stay under the $5 limit before coupons.
Multiple entries allowed but must be submitted on separate posts.
Purchases have to be made from now until Sunday April 19th in your local time.
Bonus points if you tell us why you purchased it, additional photos, etc…
The $5 does not include tax.

Voting:
Hit like on all purchase posts that you think were a great deal.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: Starting a little early since people are eager

16 Likes

Cool! does it have to be Pokemon related?

1 Like

Has to be pokemon related but can also be multiple cards or anything else pokemon.

I find some crazy deals with $5 but sharing my sources kind of sucks. I stay clear of sharks haha

It’ll probably be alright if you don’t share the name of the person you purchased from. lol

True I’ll figure it out. Good idea for something to do tho. While everyone is chasing 2k Typhlosions I’ve found $5 or less ex cards :slight_smile: in great condition just not PSa 9 or better worthy

Can we use our $5 to buy a raffle entry?

9 Likes

Starting now since people are eager.

2 Likes

5 usd? What’s am I, rich?

4 Likes

Honored to make the first post in this amazing contest. I love this idea, I think with all of the recent market hype we need to realize that there’s so many amazing cards that can be bought for very low prices!

My entry is TWO of the XY Premium Trainer Collection Yveltal EX Full Art. I absolutely love the artwork on this card, the XY BREAK era secret rares are some of my favorite Full Art artworks. The gold border fits very well with the EX logo, unlike the GX cards there’s less attack text so the artwork can really shine. When I got back into the hobby after playing Pokemon Diamond, XY was the first game I spent a LOT of time on. I have a special attachment to the XY era and I think this card is a beautiful way to end it and pay tribute to both Yveltal and Xerneas as Kalos legends!

As you can see here, I paid $1.99 per copy in near mint condition. Shipping is $0.99 which brings me to $4.97 in total for these cards! I bought a third because I like it too much and I was already paying shipping!

12 Likes

Lets do this folks :sunglasses:

1 Like

Challenge accepted!!! :wink:

1 Like

Nothing too crazy but I figured it was a pretty good price and I always have a soft spot for WOTC cards. I have been trying to complete as many WOTC cards as possible and I have almost all of the promos now. I find the BEST promo cards are maybe a little lesser known and deserve a bit more appreciation.

This thread was the nail in the coffin for making me buy this card haha. $5 CAN Free shipping so about $3.58 US.

7 Likes

Just picked up a bunch of entries. All of which I need for my binder master sets. Full art EXs are crazy cheap right now and I am always happy to add more that I am missing for my collection.

Submission 1:
$5 CAD + 55 cents shipping = $3.98 USD

6 Likes

Submission 2:
$5.50 CAD + 55 cents shipping = $4.34 USD

4 Likes

Submission 3:
$6.00 CAD + 55 cents shipping = $4.69 USD

9 Likes

For awhile I thought I was one of the only ones buying up these kind of steals. Beautiful entries so far. Ex era is also cheap and undervalued following into $5 category on some.

1 Like

Submission 4:
$4.50 CAD + 55 cents shipping = $3.61 USD

3 Likes

£4 including postage= $5 on the nose.
Great looking card from an iconic set!

15 Likes

Great idea for a thread. Highlight some of the many low cost, high value cards.
I selected a promo that would go perfect into one of my binders.

This card was awarded at the 1998 Parent/Child Tournament, as well as the Volume 5 Fan Club Magazine. More information about it here.

External Media
External Media

8 Likes