[2023] Pokemon MSRP Increase (10%)

As you all might know, MSRP is hiking on most Pokemon products starting with Scarlet & Violet. How do you feel about the ~10% increase? Booster box MSRP would be ~$160 (packs at $4.49 vs. $3.99).

Personally, I could not care less. I think this increase is reasonable seeing that packs/boxes have largely been the same price for decades.

3 Likes

I don’t even know if I’ve ever bought a Pokemon product at MSRP. I just assume all of my local shops are not hosing me down worse than they need to.

1 Like

I think it’s fair as well, all things considered. Pokemon has proven to be pretty inflation proof in a lot of ways, so a 10% increase isn’t really a big deal to me if you believe in the product, or don’t plan to re-sell it for an extended period of time.

Providing higher average hits and more holos per pack easily justifies the 10% increase

1 Like

10% more for guaranteed fun in every pack is well worth it to me. I’ll be much more interested in purchasing a single booster at the store just to get a small hit of shiny cardboard and call it good.

Ditto.

Even if I were to buy modern (which I’m probably not) I don’t hate my money nearly enough to buy at norwegian retail, and whatever price this comes out to online is going to be much cheaper than what that has been since time immemorial. In some places here I’m sure this will translate to $10 per pack before shortages and skim. :rofl:

it’s great economically. it won’t be instant but they just raised everyone’s collection value by 10%

I think MSRP has been the same since the 90s so this isn’t surprising news. Also as we know the “s” in MSRP stands for “suggested”. I doubt it’s going to really affect much outside of big box retail prices.

3 Likes