1st Edition Timeline: Lets Iron it Out

I remember when I pulled my Base Set 2 Charizard out of a pack at Target :slightly_smiling_face: .
Don’t forget about CP4, they have 1st ed stamps but CP1,2,3,5,6 do.

Reread that last sentence then clarify. Haha

1 Like

I really need to stop being on E4 while I’m falling asleep lol. Sorry for the confusion lol. I meant to ask about the Japanese CP (concept pack) sets. There are a total of 6 and if I am correct, CP4, is the only one that was printed with no 1st edition stamps.

No problem. That’s me literally all the time. lol

Anyone want to double down on this and confirm?

This task is quintessential E4 stuff, so I’m hoping we get a lot of helping hands and good info. Where the diehard knowledgeable Japanese collectors at? ::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, that info is correct.

All 6 CP sets only had one print run. CP4 Premium Champions was not printed in 1ED. All others are only available in 1ED.

3 Likes

Just got it back from PSA and it is officially legit~ :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Were you the one who bought the 100.000 yen one on yahoo japan? :open_mouth:

Shhhhh lets not talk about that price tag xD

2 Likes

Small correction: Only the Raichu Deck of the Entry Packs '08 DX hasn’t been released in 1st edition, the other three Decks (Entry Pack '08), so the non-deluxe version, have been released in 1st edition.

I’m still going through the 7,000 lot I bought and mentioned here, and found some 1st edition DP cards from the Entry Pack '08 set.

Greetz,
Quuador

Sorry for the bump again. I just heard from someone Wild Blaze (XY2) is released in UED, so it can be removed from the list. Here an image of the UED 055/080 M Charizard EX he provided that he pulled from a booster pack, which can also be found a few times through google.

Also, XY Evolutions and CP6 are the same set, and XY Premium Champion Pack and CP4 are also the same set (and XY Premium Champion Pack is not XY in English, I think I made this mistake in one of my previous comments :sweat: ).

E1 (Expedition Base Set) can be added to the “Sets where Unlimited is rarer than 1st Edition” (maybe with a comment they were only acquired by promotional releases and events).

And one last thing, L1 can be moved from “Sets where Unlimited is rarer than 1st Edition” to “False 1st Edition Sets (Sets with ONLY a “1st Edition” Print)”.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Yes kevin wild blaze and a few more early xy sets were given unlimited prints at some point last year. I think the others were one of X or Y and rising fist and maybe one of the xy5 sets also.

1 Like

Anyone here got some leftover bulk from Unlimited Wild Blaze?

1 Like

bit of a bump, but I can debunk this. :blush:
I just found an unlimited L1 Totodile and Cyndaquil. These are all the HGSS unlimited cards I just found:

6 Likes

Fml… These are the first two unlimited edition L1 cards I’ve ever seen. That Reverse Holo L1 Pikachu is going to be absolutely impossible to find (non-Holo probably as well)…

Thanks a lot for sharing, though! I guess we now have a new rarest unlimited edition Japanese set, beating the unlimited edition E1 set… :unamused:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I cannot believe what I am seeing! I was 100% certain these cards didn’t exist and to know I was wrong blows my mind… Especially considering how much I’ve looked for evidence of them existing.

6 Likes

I’ve always suspected L1 came from these toysrus exclusive dpt gift boxes but they are very hard to find and even if you find one there is an approx 1 in 15 chance of getting L1 pack.

4 Likes

Ikr, I’m exactly the same… At first I used to look everywhere for them. After a while I figured they simply didn’t exist, instead of being very, very short-printed like the unlimited edition L2/L3/WCP/E1 cards. Regardless, I still kept it on my WTB list along with some other cards I’m not sure exist, AND every time I saw an L1 Pikachu somewhere I’ve looked in the bottom-left corner, and I always see the (tiny) 1st edition symbol; ALWAYS…

Anyway, I’ve added them back to my collection checklist, but I see myself getting the SNAP Photo Contest Pikachu before the unlimited edition Reverse Holo L1 Pikachu at this point to be completely honest… :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Uh oh.
I wonder what cards are included in this unlimited print? There’s a Pichu and a Pokémon Collector card featuring Pichu in this set. Including reverse, am I now looking for 4 new impossible to find cards?

EDIT: I may have just found one…

The image is really bad quality and there’s a chance that it’s from either the Steelix Constructed Deck or Tyranitar Constructed Deck, but I’m not aware that those are available in unlimited so it’ll be an addition to my collection regardless.

3 Likes

Hey Charlie!

I was wondering if you have a bit more information about this? Do we know that unlimited is actually printed less? I find this a very intriguing set, but struggle to find info on the 1st edition vs unlimited case.

I can’t answer why Charlie added this one in particular to the list, but I can state this: I don’t know any Japanese set where 1st editions are rarer than unlimited editions. Unlike other languages, Japanese unlimited edition print runs are always much shorter than their 1st edition print run, in some cases even extremely short (i.e. E1/L1/L2/L3/WCP/etc.). There are a few sets/decks where the distribution between 1st and unlimited editions are about equal in Japanese, but a general rule of thumb is that the unlimited editions are rarer than the 1st editions for Japanese sets.

Greetz,
Quuador