Zorloth's Collection

51 Likes

About time :wink:

Beautiful start, Zor! I only have a few ex era cards myself, so this is a real treat to admire. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

@zorloth, awesome collection, and I’m looking for the day when your EX series is realized too! :blush:

3 Likes

@zorloth, about time indeed! I never bothered with master sets, just went straight to collecting all the ex-es and gold stars. It’s gonna be a long journey trying to take photos of all your sets I’d imagine

3 Likes

@teraz, thanks man!

@nuttun, thanks! I’m looking forward to it also. I’m starting to put all my resources into the EX Series part of my collection so I don’t end up with a bunch of partially complete eras haha.

@thatblastoiseguy, in retrospect I maybe should’ve done that. It would take up a lot less room and be a lot easier to photograph lol

3 Likes

Can’t wait for more updates! It’s obvious youre a diehard gen 3 fan but I was just curious do you collect wotc at all?

3 Likes

Love those Rocket’s Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno ex!

2 Likes

Thanks! And yeah, Gen 3 is my favorite! But I also love Gens 1 and 2. And yup! I have (had?) complete raw NM 1st Edition Jungle and Fossil sets, nearly complete 1st Edition Team Rocket/Gym sets, and like half-complete Neo sets, but I’m currently in the process of selling off those. I love those cards, but the prices on those have gone through the roof while the EX Series hasn’t moved at all recently, so I feel like there’s a ton more value in the EX Series right now. Like just today I sold my Fossil Dragonite for $560 and just a few days ago sold my Jungle Vapoeon for $450. Great cards, but they’re worth 1/5th of that me. If they ever dip back to that point, I’ll buy back into those sets.

And I also have most of e-Series complete, which I’m not planning on selling unless it spikes and the EX Series remains the same price. I really love the e-Series and I would only want to sell them if I really felt the prices became inflated.

3 Likes

Love the concept of your Gen 3 binder! Can’t wait for you to post the whole thing/sneak peaks down the line. Great stuff man :blush:

2 Likes

Never was a fan of ex or goldstars cos they were too new when I was in school, but they look great all together!

2 Likes

Great collection! I’m looking forward seeing the entire gen 3 binder as well. And nice that you have most of the EX era master sets already done. Definitely one of the cooler sets to complete as master sets, considering their unique ‘reverse’ holos.

Good luck completing the last few ex sets after TRR, and of course your PSA-10 collection.

Haha, I know the feeling. Been wanting to post some updated pictures/videos of my Pikachu collection, but when you’re closing in on 1500 cards taking pictures of everything is pretty time-consuming, so I kept postponing it. I plan on starting a series one language at a time soon so taking the pictures is more spread out. I’ll do this in alphabetical order, so currently waiting for the last few Chinese Pikachu cards to arrive before I start. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Dark page and overall cohesiveness of the layout are legit! Definitely very surprised you have been on here so long and have just now started your collection thread. I figure you got quite the load to dump on us admirers :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome collection, Team Rocket Returns is such an cool set! Keep us updated!

2 Likes

@zorloth You finally made a collection thread! I love that the first picture is Azumarill! I can’t help but love the art of that card. Also one of my favorite Pokemon! I also really enjoy seeing the ex Team Rocket Returns cards! About to check out more of the collection and I’m definitely looking forward to your updates! Yes taking all those pictures takes forever. I’d suggest making a couple YouTube videos just displaying the Collection. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! Youtube videos are a good idea! I might do that. I’ve enjoyed watching yours :blush:.

1 Like

@zorloth, love your collection! TRR has amazing art!

3 Likes

Thank you! And yeah, the reverse holos were my main motivation for doing EX Series master sets as opposed to regular sets. The reverse holos are one of the best features of the era, IMO. Anyone collecting the sets without collecting them is missing out, IMO. They’re not that expensive, either. Some of the TRR ones are expensive-ish ($100+) but the vast majority are under $15 in NM condition. And some sets have much cheaper reverses than that. It also adds a dimension of challenge to collecting that there isn’t for collecting non-holo sets. IDK, I really enjoy it!

And I’d love to see your complete Pikachu collection! I’ve seen most of what you’ve posted, and you have an incredibly unique and impressive collection and collecting style – like, ultra-completionist. Even more so than me haha.

2 Likes

@zorloth Thanks you! Ya I was just thinking for simplicity sake. Recording a 10-15 minute video is a lot easier then taking a ton of pictures. That’s just what I started to prefer. When I was originally uploading Imgur links it took so much longer. I also didn’t realize I had blurry pics till after posting and didn’t want to redo every picture.

Definitely eager to see the rest of your collection. I know you have been collecting for a very long time. :blush:

1 Like

Beautiful collection! Some of the most amazing cards.

But don’t sell your most vintage stuff! (unless you really need to)

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Only selling the 1st Ed. WotC stuff that has like quadrupled over the past month. I get more bang for my buck with EX Series stuff that hasn’t increased in price at all. For instance:

August:
(I own) WotC card x - $100

(I need) EX Series card y - $400

November:
(I own) WotC card x - $400

(I need) EX Series card y - $400

This is an example of what has happened for tons of cards. When WotC card x was 1/4th the price of EX Series card y, I was happy to own it. But now WotC card x is the same price as EX Series card y. So in this scenario I would sell WotC card x and purchase EX Series card y. If WotC stuff goes back down, I’ll collect it again. But I get a lot more enjoyment out of the EX Series at the current price ratios. I don’t need to sell my WotC stuff; it’s just that I have a finite amount of money and there’s cards I would much rather own at the prices the WotC stuff is currently at. Not throwing shade on early WotC; I love it. But I much prefer the EX Series and even more prefer it now that the WotC stuff is $$$$.