Zenmarket shenanigans

For higher value items buyee actually ends up a LOT cheaper than zenmarket does. Since Buyee charges flat fees, while zenmarket charges the 3.5% on the money you put into your zen account. So the higher the value of the item you’re buying on zen, the higher the amount of fees while buyees fees stay the same.

Spend 10k yen on either site: Buyee has 300 base purchase fee + 200 yen payment fee, the plan you choose is optional and i’ve always put this at zero and it works fine. Since we’re just looking at one item I’m not considering package consolidation. Buyee: 500 yen fee for one 10k item. Zen has 3.5% fee before you’ve even bought the item, so your 10k gets 350 yen fees. So up to that point, zen still cheaper. NOW if you buy a more expensive items of like let’s say 500k yen. Buyee: still only 500 yen fee (the plan fees are still optional), and zen still has 3.5% fees, wich for 500k yen is 17500 yen. Even if you were to take buyee’s package consolidation fee of 1000 yen into account, it is STILL a lot cheaper than zen will ever be.

Now ofcourse for people in europe or other countries that have to worry about import costs, zen allows you to fraud your way out of paying those.BUT saying buyee is a ripoff is inaccurate. The more expensive the item, the higher fees are on zen due to them using percentages over buyee’s flat fees.
Edit: forgot to mention that all these zen fees are BEFORE you’ve even purchased your item, I’ve not even included the 300 yen buy fee in that XD

4 Likes