Your experience buying cards directly from Japan

Hi experts, I am beginning to explore buying directly from Japan, and looking for some advice from veterans. First of all, I created a Tenso account and have that fully set up. Now I am considering buying cards directly from TCG vendors in Tokyo and use Tenso to get them shipped to me in the US. After some research, I have found 3 TCG vendors that look interesting: (1) Fullcomp JP, (2) Hareuya 2, and finally (3) Mandarake. Only Mandarake seems to have a direct shipping option to US. This means I will need to utilize Tenso for shipping purchases from Fullcomp and Hareuya. Questions - (1) anyone have experience buying from these 3 specific vendors? (2) Are there other vendors you also utilize? I am not a big auction buyer type, so looking for fixed price vendors. Thanks for any thoughtful responses.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience in this and hope someone helps you but from what I’ve heard buying direct from Japan is complex with lots of barriers to entry even if you have the money to constantly buy in bulk. Those that do have links hold them close to their chest

I find the easiest way to get product is from small independent websites in my own country which avoids all the headaches and isn’t that much more expensive than distributor level, yet often cheaper than ebay

1 Like