Which of these cards are worth grading?

This forum isn’t a free resource help you line your pockets. People are getting agitated because you’re asking us to do the work. Just dumping hundreds of images and saying which cards will make me money isn’t a topic we discuss regularly.

We encourage you to do your own research, as it will help you then decide the next 11 and so on.

1 Like

I did research. How often do I have to mention that I already narrowed it down to these cards? I have like 10+ folders full with cards. I only posted pictures of the stuff I noticed seems to be worth the most. Nobody is forcing you to help. It’s literally just a help request.

Probably cause you’re unwilling to accept this forum is for collectors and not for hiring a free business manager, and the frequenters are showing their distaste with that to prevent it from becoming such.

i once had a friend who kept asking me what cards to invest in and what would yield most profit, needless to say it was annoying as fuck, especially if you partake in the hobby out of passion.

1 Like

Man, if being a business manager was this easy, I’d be willing to be one for multiple companies at once.

If it’s so easy, why are you here? No one is forcing you to be here.

It’s fairly obvious you care little about this hobby and just want to make some money.

Different people, different experiences, different skillsets. How that is so hard to understand, and why you are still here, arguing with me, is not clear to me.

I’m sorry, but we are the ones that have been here for a long time, some longer than others, you are the one that is new here. This is like a stranger that is telling you to leave your own house.

And in the end we are all commenting on this keep for your own good. Whether you are a collector or just looking for getting rid of your collection, it always pass off to invest and research the value of your cards and get into the history of the Pokemon trading card game. If you are too stubborn to do that, then you will lose money as you will not know all the ins and outs.

I give up. Some of you just don’t want to read and are only in this thread to argue out of spite because I’m not collecting anymore or something along the lines, otherwise I’m stumped as to why you would react like this. I’m not gonna respond to people whining anymore, now. I’ve explained about 3x now that I’ve already familiarized myself with some of my cards, and I also explained that it’s not easy to get into this, so I simply asked for help. Apparently that is not something some of you people like at all, and instead of just ignoring this thread and moving on, you’d rather come in here and complain about it. I’m saying it one last time: If you’re not interested in helping, then don’t.

If you’re just looking for the biggest return I’d suggest grading any of the Rocket set EX cards, the GS Treecko, the McD Pikachu, and any Skyridge holos(I see the Flareon and one above it that you didn’t picture) That’s assuming those cards are in nice shape though! I may be interested in buying some of those cards too if you’d be open to selling them ungraded!

I’ve narrowed it down to those for now:

Japanese Crystal Golem
Japanese Crystal Celebi (1st ED)
Japanese Crystal Ho-Oh (1st ED)
Japanese Crystal Crobat (1st ED)
English Crystal Nidoking
English Crystal Celebi (Reverse)
Japanese Grand Party
Masaki Gengar
Masaki Golem
German Base Set Blastoise (1st ED)
2x Gold Star Treecko
Shining Tyranitar
Shining Noctowl
Shining Kabutops
Shining Gyarados
Shining Magikarp

So, I started looking on ebay.com and I’m having a lot of trouble comparing prices between ungraded and graded. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I type, for example, “Japanese Crystal Celebi 091/088” and click on Sold listings.
All I see now is one that was online for a Buy Now Price of 593,79$, but a price offer has been accepted. No other cards seem to have sold. How do I determine how much a PSA 9 is worth now, and how much an ungraded one in Mint condition is worth? I run into this problem frequently and it’s the primary reason I’m having a lot of trouble identifying prizes myself. I’m already looking on ebay.com, but it’s very hard to find the specific items I’m looking for…

EDIT: After carefully looking over these cards I’d grade them as such:

**I did not see any flaws tier (these should be 9, with a possibility of 10):**Shining Noctowl
Shining Tyranitar
English Reverse Crystal Celebi
Japanese Crystal Golem

**Minor flaw tier (These should be 9):**Japanese Crystal Ho-Oh (1st ED)
Japanese Crystal Crobat (1st ED)
Japanese Grand Party
Masaki Golem
Shining Kabutops
Shining Magikarp

**A couple of minor flaws tier (likely 8’s):**English Crystal Nidoking
Masaki Gengar

**Trash tier (6-7 or below):**Shining Gyarados

**I’m unsure tier:**Both Gold Star Treeckos - These have minor silvering, thus I would normally put them in the Minor flaw tier, but they’re also slightly warped, I’ve no idea how severe warps are and how PSA grades them.

Take best offers with a grain of salt, add " -psa" to the listing if you want to avoid seeing graded cards (sometimes you might need " -bgs" too. Adding " -english" or " -japanese" at times can help too. Add " PSA 10" if you want to search for only PSA 10 cards. Search listings on date to get a feel for the market. Also check Completed listings (so also unsold) once in a while to see if a certain card is actually popular at all.

If eBay doesn’t know it (it has a public history of the last three months), then the odds that we know it are also significantly lower.

1 Like

I’ve edited my post to reflect my opinion on the cards after looking at these cards carefully under a high intensity light and comparing it to the PSA Grading Guidelines on their homepage. Thus, I will likely 100% send in the mentioned 6 in the tier where I did personally not find any flaws, such as whitening, scratches, factory scratches, silvering, bends, or anything of the sort. Also, Shining Gyarados is automatically out as its quality is way worse than I had anticipated. How does PSA grade warped cards? Is it a big issue or a smaller one?

Also, thanks for infos! A lot of the japanese cards seem to very rarely get sold on eBay, making it hard to grasp their value. Are there any other resources perhaps to help identify prizes? Most pages I’ve looked for on google seem pretty useless.

I’d say no to the bending/warping/curving issue. I sent in a card that had a noticeable warp/curve and it still got a PSA 10.

That sounds good. Thanks! Do you know how bad silvering can be before PSA deems it not a 9 anymore?

IMO they aren’t extremely consistent with that. I have graded 10’s with more silver than I thought even a 9 should have. I have also gotten cards to come back as an 8 or 8.5 (mostly from Jungle set) that had bad silvering and not much else wrong with them.

Thanks!

I’ve decided on the 11 cards to send to them!

I’ll be sending:

Shining Noctowl
Shining Tyranitar
English Reverse Crystal Celebi
Japanese Crystal Golem
2x Gold Star Treecko,
Shining Magikarp
Japanese 1st ED Crystal Ho-Oh
Japanese 1st ED Crystal Crobat

Thanks a lot for everything! Gonna be a hard and long wait.

1 Like

Good luck!

Thanks!

Good luck!! :blush:
I am jealous of the above cards hah! Hope you get 9s minimum! I will own a gold star or shining one day :grin:
Be sure to post in the psa returns thread when they return ( www.elitefourum.com/t/the-great-grading-results-thread-specials-are-you-joking/13793/1 )

www.psacard.com/resources/gradingstandards/

As you grade more and more you will more than likely pick up their general standards(From what I gather)
Are you sending through Ludkins UK or sending directly to the US?

Either way there are several individual members of the forum who submit their own cards and customers

@cljdavis Is from the UK, and @smpratte is located in the US. I highly recommend looking into them both for future submissions :blush:

EDIT:also their prices are better, based on a quick look at ludkins website

1 Like