What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

Picked these up at the Toronto Regionals from another collector. The Pokemon Rumble cards have grown on me over time so happy to add a couple to my collection.

Also grabbed a copy of Mitsuhiro Arita’s ‘Culdcept Artworks’ artbook and got it signed by him during the event.

20 Likes

Was not aware that this was a Holo card for the longest time. Finally managed to actually find a copy and a decent copy as well.

Waited too long to get this card. Have it finally and it looks awesome in person.

Not all energies are created equal.

Cheers!

24 Likes

Oh wait Okido’s Visit has a holo?? I am gonna keep an eye out for it now, nice thanks!

Separately, paying my recent purchase tax with a card that also has a hard-to-see holo heh

18 Likes

Snapped up this beauty from Kawayoo:

And got these top tier artworks for the neo4 collection (the Jolteon was one of absolute favourite artworks as a kid, and still fills me with nostalgia):

16 Likes

Brought some of my PWCC summer purchases home for the December PSA special. You never really know conditions until you get them in hand, but some of these are in great condition and some i may not be submitting after all lol. Either way, does anyone have tips for cracking out cards? Ive done it a few times, but its always very difficult and nerve-wracking, especially in these thick ass cgc cases. Thanks lol
Edit: is it just me or does that mewtwo look a little sunfaded :skull:

14 Likes

Slowly but surely working on my Kimiya PSA 10 set again…

28 Likes

There are videos on Youtube showing different techniques, but honestly it’s nothing to be afraid of; I have cracked probably a third of my binder cards out of slabs since I’m a little picky on card condition, and I know I’m not alone in this (atleast on this forum).

I usually just cut one of the corners off with a diagonal cutting pliers while that portion of the slab is inside a plastic baggie (helps contain the plastic if it shatters everywhere, as well as keeps it out of your eyes while still being able to keep them open :sunglasses: ). Then I just pry across the top with a thin straight slot screwdriver, do a little more prying to get the edges going, and presto chango! Another card freed! Otherwise, an alternative is to have PSA do crossover grading for you if that is what you’re trying to do!

2 Likes

Thanks for your response! Yea, i just find its always super hard to get it open and then it just breaks in half before i can get the slab open lol

1 Like

@camrok37 described the process perfectly. @needszeebs the more you crack, the more comfortable you will become with the process. I find that CGC slabs are much easier for me to crack than PSA slabs. Not because of the sealing process, but because there is more room in the label to move the screw around.

2 Likes

I was surprised when I got this for under $20 but I’ll take it. One less to grade.

15 Likes

First step into base set, card looks surprisingly good for an 8.5.
May look at cracking/resubmitting it in the future!

12 Likes

I don’t know why I’ve put them off for so long but rumble promos are probably my favorite game tie in promos of all time. I dont know how anyone can not love them!

3 Likes

I recently cracked my first card. Garden shears cut through the corner of the slab super easily. And then just used a screw driver going through the hole (going from top right across the label to top left) and just twisted the screw driver which forced the front and back plastic of the slab to peel away from eachother.

1 Like

I never played Rumble but I remember seeing footage of the game and thinking the blocky designs were cute in a low-poly PS1/N64-era way. They are also surprisingly hard to come by so I couldn’t help myself when I met a collector at Toronto Regionals with some!

yea, find that when I get the flat-head in there and try to pry it open, it ends up cracking horizontally down the middle and splitting in half :confused:

also put some respect on pmd

12 Likes

Never noticed that Bulba had a bow on before :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yea! All the playable characters wear cute lil bandanas lmao

Finally copped a PSA 10 N from Noble Victories. A bit on the pricey side for me, but love the history of it being the first full art trainer plus how playable it was when I was creating my first decks.

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts, but I bought my first ever japanese booster box a week ago and it arrived recently. I opened it up today and pulled my favorite card in the entire set!

19 Likes

Unlimited XY9 finds

18 Likes