What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

Definitely familiar with this topic, including this post: Super Energy Retrieval [Non-glossy] - Japanese Promo - #8 by nine

This is actually what I was referring to when I mentioned some people can tell the difference by looking at the cross section. But I just cannot discern any difference, especially not one as significant as depicted here. I peeled a Mew and a Mewtwo off a WHF sheet and then took the two out of the best song collection and I just cannot identify a difference.

The illustration seems like it should make sense. It’s exactly what I expected to see. But no amount of magnification and light helped me and the edges appeared identical on both sets of cards.

So I’m not sure what to do about that. According to Nine, Japanese collectors are able to tell the difference with this method. But no matter what I do I cannot. I even had a peer who is a jeweler look at the edges with his tools and he couldn’t tell a difference either.

I’m stumped on it or how to proceed because I cannot replicate the findings in that famous post. I have since just personally accepted that the cards cannot be discerned and to treat it as one release.

2 Likes