What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

I got this really cool Jolteon promo and a graded copy of a super cool Rayquaza promo. I forgot I actually have a few copies of the English Ray that I plan to get graded whenever reality settles down.

15 Likes

Ok so basically

kreb

16 Likes

@quuador I picked it up on CardMarket. This was the only Black Star promo they had though I’m afraid!

1 Like

These First Appearance cards are my favorite of all the Topps chase cards. Would love to have a Lugia someday!

15 Likes

Arrived today. Does anyone have opinions or knowledge on the markings along the crimps, like what caused them, or perhaps a similar sealed product to compare? Active listings of these long crimp packs by established sellers show similar marks, so I opted to make the purchase, but they seem more pronounced in person. Thanks to anyone who indulges me.

12 Likes

Some of you have already heard the news, but the majority not yet. Little over a month ago I lost an auction for an unlimited edition E1 Pikachu. Because Buyee has a limit of 300,000 Japanese Yen, I couldn’t bid any higher and it ended at 301,000. That price surprised me, considering it was a heavy played copy.

But, now I’m glad I lost that one, since a second (heavy played) copy from the same seller popped up two weeks ago. Which I ended up winning for 101,000 Japanese Yen, 1/3rd of that first one I lost. :grin:
It arrived at the Buyee warehouse a couple of days ago, and after I requested photos I just confirmed it’s indeed the unlimited edition version I was expecting, so it’ll soon be incoming to my place.

Very exciting to finally have been able to buy this illusive Japanese Pikachu card, considering I’ve been searching for it ever since I started collecting Pikachu cards seven years ago and it’s one of just 12 Pikachu cards I was missing. It may be in trash condition and still costed about 1k euros despite that, but I don’t care. Finding these Pikachu cards is hard enough as is, so I’m not too worried about condition. If it was NM it might actually have attracted a lot more bidders and ending up above what I could or would be willing to pay.

For those unaware of the significance of Japanese unlimited edition E1 cards, I can refer to this thread and this post on @pichufan 's blog. They’re still surrounded in a lot of mystery, but bits and pieces of information have emerged over the years including very recently. Regardless of their origin, they are among the rarest unlimited edition Japanese cards that exist, and a pain for any collector completionsts like myself. So I’m happy to say that ‘pain’ is now over, seven years after I started collecting Pikachu cards (assuming it arrives at my place without any issues in the near future).

Greetz,
Quuador

50 Likes

@quuador I’m really happy you finally got one! Congratulations. :blush:

3 Likes

Congratulations @quuador, glad you could track one down!

3 Likes

Complete Gapless set with the Big 3 Graded. 2nd Gapless Set I was able to acquire.

And hopefully I can add 2 more Gapless Charizards :blush:

12 Likes

I was watching that auction very closely but I assumed it was you as the highest bidder :grin: so I didn’t want to bid you up :wink:

So happy for you! What an incredibly rare card to knock off your Pikachu list!!!

2 Likes

Thanks bud, I sincerely appreciate that! Yeah I couldn’t agree more though, Tower of Terror is SUCH a great episode. Definitely in my top 5 list for sure. And than when I saw this card, being completely Holo & in the condition that it was in; I was like I absolutely HAVE to have this card. Lol. But thanks for the kind words & the comment! I always enjoy responding back!

1 Like

Oh my goodness. I REALLY want this card now. I never knew there was this Jolteon Promo card out there, and usually I have almost every Promo card there is from the newer stuff. Super interesting, thanks for posting this! I’m going to look for one for myself right now!

3 Likes

I also saw the same post and I ran to eBay, ha! Very cool cover. Where can you order old covers?

@inchy5000 the Condé Nast store has them, here is the link to this specific one: condenaststore.com/featured/new-yorker-november-1st-1999-harry-bliss.html

There are a couple of other Pokemon sketches (just search ‘Pokemon’ if you want to see them) but in my opinion this is far and away the best one.

1 Like

The jolteon came in the 3 pack battle styles blister. There is an eevee version too and you can still find the blisters online for less than $15

3 Likes

Finally cleared customs!

2006 Championship Arena
2013 Korean Victory cup
Korean Rayquaza & Giratina lottery promos
Korean team battle Rayquaza promo
Other Korean promos

14 Likes

That’s awesome! How rare is the victory cup and how much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

The 2012 + 2013 Victory cups are fairly rare. Korea only had a single National Championships event each year in Seoul, with a single tournament for Juniors, Seniors, and Masters players. The first day of the event was for VGC, and the second day was for the TCG.

They distributed 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze cups (for 3rd - 4th) per division, so the total distribution is 3/3/6 for 2013.

You can read more here: pokumon.com/article/korean-world-championship-series-2012/

As for the price, it was a 4-digit amount in USD. Korean trophy cards used to sell back in 2018 for 150k-450k won ($150-450 USD~), but have risen in price by a good amount. More recent years are more common since they had more events IIRC.

Wife says I got a problem. I tell her it’s that I can’t find a 4th. :blush:

4 Likes

23 Likes