What’s your most recent non-Pokemon purchase?

5 Likes

10/10 would recommend buying a large dehumidifier. It’s perfect for homes with a lot of shiny cardboard.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-Portable-Dehumidifier-Display/dp/B07WV24SNS

I use the 3,000 Sq. Ft model, but it comes in 1,500, 3,000, and 4,500.

9 Likes

These also double-up as great way of stopping your indoor washing from getting that ‘musty’ smell while drying (if you live in a climate that gets cold and you can’t put it outside, obv) well worth the money!

3 Likes

I use one for a basement and the last machine gave up the will to live so have replaced it with a new larger one. Unfortunately for me the last energy invoice was double from the previous month. Now it’s done the bulk of the job I won’t leave it on 24/7 but instead it’s on a timer to only switch on throughout the night on a cheaper tariff.

Just incase you leave it on a lot, something to be mindful of. They’re quite fascinating machines though, they do an incredible job.

3 Likes

That’s good to know! I have digital humidity and temperature gauges set up in various places, so I know exactly when to turn the dehumidifier on. And, as you say, any new models come with timers. Really incredible machines. Hopefully the newer ones are more energy efficient.

10/10 would recommend these too.

3 Likes

I’ve had this sheet of SWCCG foil Dark Side Endor cards for a couple of years now. Finally got around to getting it framed.

12 Likes

@filthynwah that looks great! Did you frame it yourself or have it professionally done?

2 Likes

I had Hobby Lobby do it. I’ve done a little framing myself but this thing was kinda huge.

2 Likes

I expanded my Zelda (and Gameboy) collection in the last few days:

8 Likes

The Witcher Ronin manga by Pokémon artist Hataya. Combining two things I like seemed like a no-brainer for me!

7 Likes

Picked up the last 3DS Mario steelbook I wanted, but I was stupid gambled and unfortunately lost. I was really hoping the line on the back was some residue I could wipe off, but it looks like either someone dragged a box cutter over it or an odd manufacturing defect. I could maybe it live with it, but the I and the coins Luigi is holding on the front side seem to have similar scratches too.

These are a massive pain to find because:
a) It was a preorder bonus exclusive to FutureShop, so I automatically have to suffer $15+ shipping from Canada for any good candidates
but also
b) Apparently they weren’t shrink wrapped or anything, so basically every listing has scratches of some sort and so I have to look for one that isn’t an awful price + has only mildly offensive scratches. This is a hard task.

10 Likes

Super stoked about this. I’ve always wanted this card in at least one deck and finally put off buying anything big for Gyarados just so I could make the jump on my favorite artwork of it:

10 Likes

Original Art used in episode 3 of the anime Hajime no Ippo:

9 Likes

7 Likes

I grabbed this card because i have a binder of stuff that i just like for like historical or sentimental reasons. I remember this having mixed reactions when it came out. I was really big into magic up until around 2012. Then a bunch of stuff happened and i lost everything i owned. Anyways i was happy to get this lil guy

7 Likes

I really liked the Godzilla crossover and still go back and forth on picking up a copy of all the monster versions every once in a while.

4 Likes

Secured two of these direct current fans while everyone is still knee-deep in this midwinter funk. Come May people will scramble and they’ll be sold out everywhere.

11 Likes

Then are you going to flip them and make a fortune? :rofl:

9 Likes

If I had a warehouse and the capital I could probably make a small fortune. :rofl:

7 Likes

I pre-ordered this Hiya Godzilla 1991 figure :heart_eyes:

9 Likes