What’s your most recent non-Pokemon purchase?

Yeeesss. I’ve been on a SoaD kick lately and also just bought a few of their albums.

6 Likes

Love System of a Down. Toxicity was my favorite song for the longest time! Nice pick up!

2 Likes

The shikishi I won was accidentally bent in transit. I was given cotton watercolor work as an apology.

I wasn’t trying to get anything out of mentioning that it got damaged, only that I loved the shikishi, and that even though it was accidentally damaged, I would cherish it always.

So awesome and kind!

17 Likes

Not even surprised. The man is such a sweet dude from everything I see and hear.

Been continuing my MTG kick and came across an absolute beast of a card that has become one of my favorites. A lot of versions were selling for about 20ish USD + but this guy was on sale because of the terrible centering:

Honestly I think the off-centering makes it even better. The Dauthi are beings that live in the realm between shadows and reality, so their existence is shifty. So having a shifty creature represented in a shifty card oozes thematic joy for me.

15 Likes

Bought a Bialetti Brikka espresso maker (well not strictly espresso, but it’s pretty damn close). This thing’s fantastic. I was close to getting one of those £500 Barista express machines cos I’ve been craving good coffee for ages, but problem is I’m a tightwad. It was like £40, so as far as I’m concerned that’s £460 I can spend on the 151 Japanese reprint instead :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Picked up a couple more video game soundtracks. Very happy about finally picking up the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney one because secondhand sales are pretty dry and it fits a display idea I had.

11 Likes

17 Likes

A pretty late post but I haven’t visited here in a bit :slight_smile:
I recieved a bonus from work and was able to purchase some nice binoculars! The intent was solely for the total solar eclipse that crossed north america on April 8th.
But I am a fan of amateur astronomy so these binoculars will be good for casual night sky viewing as well.

My partner, I, and a couple friends drove down to Quebec, Canada at the crack of dawn on the day of to get to clear skies. (6.5h drive there and 8.5 back due to traffic)
We made it just in time!

These pictures don’t due the actual thing justice. In fact, the binoculars I picked up were by far the greatest purchase I have made in a long time. The view of totality with these suckers on your eyes was indescribable.

It is an amazing experience to witness a celestial event such as this and I look forward to traveling to see another.

25 Likes

Vintage Sea-Monkeys!

7 Likes

Withheld any Gyarados purchases the last few months partially due to me trying to finalize the pieces of my favorite MTG deck that I’ve worked on over the last 4 years:

I’m a major fan of Theme Decks and while my first love was Elves, this has become my all time favorite - I usually like to add some non-tcg themed stuff for each deck but I went overboard with this one.

Major kudos to @xileets for sharing the resource so I could get one of my favorite artworks as a playmat. The artwork is from Nils Hamm’s “Everdream” card:

The dice are from UrWizards, and I got some of the last big pieces including the recent Secret Lair edition of Aether Vial which came in today:

14 Likes

Such an evil card, especially because it states “deals damage” and not “deals combat damage.” How do you exploit this ability in your deck?

7 Likes

It’s my absolute favorite card for that reason and what I centered my deck around. I used to have a Legacy Illusions deck that had 3 of them and had cards like Psionic Gift and Hermetic Study to exploit its ability along with untap effects like Staff of Domination and Pemmin’s Aura:

My playgroup gave Somnophore the moniker, “Mr. Sandman” so I stuck with it. And when I transformed it into an EDH deck, having the above options made it too one-dimensional. So I got support cards like Niblis of Frost to tap whenever a sorcery/instant was played, Sleeper’s Robe to give creatures like this Fear, and then the ever so lovely Willbreaker to gain control of creatures I targetted (I can use Dream Stalker to bounce Somnophore back so it wouldn’t be tapped indefinitely). Early iterations made it too clunky since I only had tap effects, but eventually I got it to a point where it was a Utility-Control deck that replicates the effects of dreams and focuses on using my opponent’s board. I made a Moxfield decklist recently to showcase it so feel free to check it out: Mr. Sandman - Commander (Lazav, the Multifarious)

8 Likes

Japanese Collectors Rare Darklord Ixchel

8 Likes

Happy to help! That is an amazing artwork! We get a lot of great art in PkMn, but the ability to buy the art from MTG artists in other forms is so cool!

1 Like

Friendship ended w Pokemon

12 Likes

I wish they would stop printing the regular foils that look like crap on half the cards and just kept producing retro frame foils. These look gorgeous!

1 Like

It took me 5 years to get this book.
I am overjoyed.

14 Likes

It’s funny how cycles repeat and the world folds in on itself. I shared the Original Magic Art store with @azulryu. He found this Freakin’ A-MAZING playmat which he shared above. And on a whim, I went back there after seeing his post to find something that I’ve wanted since the art was first revealed (but I didn’t know the playmat actually existed). It’s a wonder illustration of how ends are often beginnings and how frequently, opposite perspectives both have truths:
(or it’s just trippy)

Johannes Voss hit a homer once again!

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting this card in a 10 for a couple of years, and the hunt is over!
The highest I graded myself was a 9, and very luckily a 10 popped up in Japan.

It’s not the most impressive, but I’ve always loved the art, and I love the old OCG card layouts in vintage JP Yugioh. I always loved running umi / legendary ocean decks when I was younger, I’m pretty sure they are all rubbish nowadays in being playable haha.

14 Likes

Preordered this one! How nice of Lego to make a replica of my daughter Brinta :black_cat:

Add images

15 Likes