What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

We need a “seldom spoken but insightful opinion thread”. Or rename this “the giant opinion thread”

Is that a popular or unpopular opinion?

6 Likes

To be fair, I’m not even referring to him. I’m referring to other newer YouTubers who have zero track record other than criticizing other people.

And what’s funny is some of these people clearly have potential if they would just create actual content.

5 Likes

yea, im just messing around lol. drama is honestly exhausting. i wish we could all just enjoy shiny cardboard in harmony

5 Likes

I feel old because I don’t have a freakin clue who most of the people Rattle roasts are anyway :joy:

4 Likes

You think you’re old? I don’t even know who Rattle is.

17 Likes

If you’ve gotten to the point of childish and vitriolic comment sections, with very little to no quality comments then you should probably delete your channel and start a new one. I’d say this is a general rule for any public platform!
This of course assumes you WANT to be taken seriously, and to have some positive impact, as some people “Just want to see the world burn.” *(Though I will say, if working havoc is your goal, then congratulations… (?) I’m still not watching it.)

2 Likes

Autographed cards are over valued.

Supply can significantly increase with each signing event and contract forbidding artist to sign will eventually end.

14 Likes

I agree with the supply. These were the first signings in years outside of Japan. Honestly after these recent events, I would genuinely be scared for peoples safety if Sugimori or someone who hasn’t signed in ages did a signing today.

10 Likes

Booster box packaging doesn’t carry nostalgic collector value, and IM[U]O, it’s not nearly as valuable as a collectible as the packs (sealed respectively).

For years, I’ve been a collector of empty packaging. I could never justify spending the money on sealed stuff, and I’d rather set that sealed stuff back as an investment, not to keep, unlike my pack wrapper collection. As I look at some empty boxes going up for sale lately, I find this to be more and more true.

2 Likes

Autographed cards are cool but it seems theyve really taken off recently? Idk i have no point of reference, but itd be cool to have one in my collection one day

1 Like

Rip all the boxes, nobody wants sealed product anyway

3 Likes

yes rip and grade all vintage pls

1 Like

I hear thats the best way to stonk these days

3 Likes

Since there are quite regular box breaks of old sets from YouTubers, maybe Twitch streamers, where do we think all those pack fresh cards end up?

The YTers never give a shit about commons etc. even for first edition when those could be some of the best quality in the world. I doubt the buyers end up grading all their pulls. Bit of a waste really.

1 Like

contract forbidding artist to sign will eventually end.

Why do you think so?

1 Like

The best days of Pokemon are behind us.

8 Likes

Wow that’s a really good one!

3 Likes

Sad to think about. But I think it depends on your perspective. For people who just got into Pokémon, their best days are ahead of them :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well of course. Pokemon Gold and Silver came out a long time ago :wink:

9 Likes

nah i think in 100 years pokemon will actually exist IRL so we’ll have pet pikachus. those will be the glory days.

1 Like