What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

why the public are letting the pokemon company to get away without printing a 1st edition Print thats actually limited for each Set Released!

2 Likes

Anyone can buy it.

rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338532980&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FPokemon-Blastoise-Test-Print-Prototype-w-Magic-Card-Back-Pre-Base-Set%2F264445081272

6 Likes

Get out.

3 Likes

Actually, some could buy it but they also have a little sense so they wouldn’t overpay.
I have a square cut 1st Ed Base Mewtwo that until another one pops up, is the only one in the world. That’s pretty rare. I can put it up for 48,000.00 too. Does that mean it’s worth that? Of course not. I could put it up for 5k and it would have a chance to get snatched up by the high rollers.

2 Likes

Is this thing legit? I’ve never heard of that before

1 Like

Not sure how you missed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

www.elitefourum.com/t/pre-base-set-test-print-prototype-blastoise/23779/1

2 Likes

I’m not sure why or how I missed that either, probably because I’m trash. But its 16 pages long! Could you give me the final verdict on it please haha?

2 Likes

@mikejofthecoast, The final verdict is cards like this are inherently unverifiable. They will never have 100% verifiable source as their origin is inherently vague and unofficial.

4 Likes

Not sure if I’ve said it before but Charizard is incredibly overrated. I get why people are fans of the Pokemon and why it shares Icon status alongside Pikachu but I’m just tired of seeing Charizard pop up everywhere. Wish we got a new Pokemon Icon already. :confused:

4 Likes

Ahh gotcha. Im gonna have to say good! I dont like the way that card looks personally. Thanks for bringing me up to speed on it dude!

2 Likes

It’s time for an e4 poll to choose a new icon. Then the poll results can be sent to tpci and they can see to it charizard is usurped.

3 Likes

How about Gyarados;)

6 Likes

12 Likes

No need for a poll. I think there’s one obvious selection we can all agree on.

12 Likes

So did anyone have their opinions changed on anything?

1 Like

Yes.

* I think the prototoise is legit. I just don’t think it’s worth the crazy asking price as it can’t be certified or authenticated by a proper third party grading company.

* I think I kinda agree and am also tired of seeing all the new charizards constantly popping up. I love the guy, but they’re abusing it to push product at this point. Give him a rest for a bit instead of mass printing 10 diff cards of him with every new set. And if you’re going to use him, give him unique cards with actual art, not 3 different versions of 5ban with different color schemes.

6 Likes

My somewhat facetious unpopular opinion isn’t actually my opinion…just me being incredibly hilarious as per usual.

1 Like

IMO the 1997 1st Tournament trophy cards should be the most valuable card/s in the hobby over the Illustrator.

9 Likes

I might use Alolan Vulpix as a profile pic but Salamence and Ray are still my main favorites and they are from Gen 3…

1 Like

misprint and miscut cards doesnt look good or feel good.i dont understand why people collect them other than the sake of showing it’s rare

3 Likes