What are some of your favorite threads from E4?

Yeah i stopped collecting during HGSS when i was a kid. Love all the second gen pokemon so having them represented is cool. Which ones are the heavy hitters price wise?

Mew and Gengar rest are cheap as hell

1 Like

Well ive got gengar so thats a plus. Pulled it from when i bought a case of 24 blister packs from rusty like 5 years ago!

1 Like

Nice and mew is like $30 range. The rest are literally like $5 per. If you don’t mind light played some are like $2 not kidding at all

1 Like

@mcorey777,

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-HEARTGOLD-SOUL-SILVER-TYPHLOSION-PRIME-110-HOLO-RARE/124025192572?hash=item1ce07a407c:g:8z8AAOSw-zxeBpjw

deal of the century lol

Using the Search Function is really useful in finding some initial research on Pokemon subjects. For example some of the past discussions on the Prerelease Raichu are a nice read.

www.elitefourum.com/t/prerelease-raichu/13733/1
www.elitefourum.com/t/prerelease-raichu/19239/1

2 Likes

I sent you a pm. I picked up that Typhlosion for $5

1 Like

Will definitely take a look! thanks :blush:

1 Like

I always get excited when someone posts a find in the Japanese unlimited legends series thread. I personally don’t care about those cards but I just get happy for them.
And just off the top of my head, the giant art thread, recent purchases, and unpopular opinion since I made that one. No bias haha

4 Likes

Peak E4 is probably the meme one and E4 SS, my next favourite are the threads with newly discovered information about the hobby the ‘rare Pikachu inside’ 1st Ed Jungle Pikachu was a good recent one!

9 Likes

been lurking off/on since reading this thread, and it’s still my favorite:

www.elitefourum.com/t/funskool-indian-pokemon-cards/22828/1

1 Like

It’s pretty simple: the market and the hobby have both grown, so we have seen an influx of collectors. The more people you get, the more of a chance you are going to have people saying something you don’t like.

I honestly don’t have a problem with the price checks and “what should I buy” threads. Most of them are created by newer people who genuinely just want to know/don’t know any better, and it’s not like we have to click on those threads. The 4xx certs thing is stupid regardless, yeah.

If anything, I actually think all of this new discussion is great for the hobby because it shows how dynamic it is and how far of a reach it has. Not to mention the fact that we have gotten a lot of great new members lately (dizzle, jonandek, etc.).

There is still plenty of pure collecting talk around here. Artwork threads, collection threads, threads where we discuss how we would re-arrange sets, etc. Sometimes you just have to weed through the stuff you don’t like.

Bottom line: the hobby is large. It’s only getting larger. People are collecting. People are buying. People are selling. People are searching far and wide for specific cards. People are starting businesses. People are investing. It has a little bit of everything and something for everyone.

Like Scott likes to say with certain cards, the hobby checks every box right now, and I for one am incredibly excited about the direction it is headed.

3 Likes

The hobby just took even a more upward turn during the crisis(already was before) and is getting more attention. Some people may not give a shit at all about the hobby and are trying to make a quick buck as you can see an influx of new people sadly.

The good news, some new people that enjoyed the hobby are now coming back and are in wow how much prices have increased.

4 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/stop-buying-cards/27407/1

My favorite three that I can think of is the giant art thread, secret santa (lots of positivity), and eBay sour grapes thread (drew a blank).

2 Likes

Do you even collect Pokémon cards?

Also the data disagrees with your cynicism. We have more traffic today than ever.

2 Likes

Thanks for the laugh

To answer the question of favorite threads, there are so many over the past 10 years it tough. Some that come to mind are the discovery threads. Secret Santa is always magic. The entire article & guide section is useful.

I think the craziest aspect for me overall, I’ll search something specific about Pokémon and E4 is the top result. I never would have imagined that 10 years ago when this started.

7 Likes

Thanks Scott! Will definitely take a look :blush:

2 Likes

I think there’s always been people who are looking to make a quick buck. This time It feels like there are more people with deeper pockets entering pokemon because the prices actually become viable as an alternative way to hold money. Before flippers were looking to make a few hundred, but those with deeper pockets are looking to make thousands with their flips & positions. The difference with these new comers compared to the older was is that they have the money to hold positions. You won’t have to have 100 cards to have $100k in value. You can do that with 5-10 cards or 5 boxes. It is nice to see pokemon continue to get further attention and be more legitimized.

4 Likes