What 5 cards under $999 would you grade?

PSA recently ran a special “drop” where collector club members could queue up to win 5 submissions at $50/ea, with a cap of $999 per card

Which 5 cards would you submit?

(yes, this is a “show off your stuff” thread, but with extra rules :wink: )

The 3 cards I would consider submitting are my Stamp box promos and my 2018 Staff Champions Festival. Seeing as how I don’t have a membership and am in no rush to grade, I’m waiting for submission prices to come down :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Either YOLOing it with something outrageously expensive and cross my fingers that I’ll avoid upcharges or something boring that is unlikely to be worth much more or much less than $999, something from Fossil maybe.

That is, if I won 5 submissions at $50/ea, which I didn’t.

I got lucky and secured a 5-card allocation, so I will do you one better and show the cards I will be submitting! I am very excited for more affordable submission options to open up, most of my cards I will send in in the under-$500 value tier when it eventually opens, but $50/card isn’t all that bad.

The Charizard is a very clean copy and I am hoping for a 10. The only thing I see is that the centering is a bit off, but it doesn’t seem too bad. One recently sold for just over $1k so I am hoping if this gets a 10 it squeaks by. The two gold stars I am very excited to send off, more for my personal collection purposes. Kyogre I am hoping for a 9, just has some slight wear on the edges. The Gyarados I am expecting an 8, but . I kept seeing prices going up for this card so decided to pull the trigger on a NM-Mint copy for the collection. The crystal Golem is super clean and I would be surprised if it does not get a 10. The Kabutops has a very tiny corner ding, so I am expecting a 9 but I have seen worse 10s and could see it going there.

21 Likes

I would send 5 unopened packs so I could get some of that sweet third-party BBCE authentication.

Here’s my 5! The sample cards I think could skate under the $999 limit, and I have no idea on the top 32s so I’d probably just cross my fingers there

4 Likes

Prob 5 raw bulbasaurs. Mainly the korean/chinese ones i have. Even if they 10 i can’t get upcharged for non existent prices since most are a pop 1 or don’t exist. Maybe would send off a few shadowless zards i have too that i know would come back a 5 or less… Still rather just keep em for arita signings or binder tho tbh.