Welcome to the New E4

Oh, wow. I didn’t know you could do that even if they don’t show up on the Gear Icon list (at least on PC.) Wondering if there are more cool/hidden features like them.

1 Like

I believe the formatting style is called markdown-it

https://markdown-it.github.io/
here’s a litte demo.

I also believe html and BBcode are also recognized, I have not experimented with the limits myself much though

1 Like

Site looks great, really sleek and nice. Works great on mobile as well. Congrats on the successful upgrade! Def can be a lot of challenges in switching over but looks like you all crushed it. Awesome job.

3 Likes

I have to say, the new site has made such an improvement for my user experience here. I think I’ve used E4 more in the last 3 weeks than in the last 3 years.

8 Likes

Exactly :blush::100:

1 Like

New site is a banger. Well done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks great so far! Awesome work!

1 Like

Glad you made it over and like the new site OZ! :pray:

The site is a great improvement but, question, why can’t I unlike a comment?

I found the relevant setting. It looks like there’s a 10 minute timer (by default) before likes are locked in forever. This seems silly so I extended the time. You now have 3805 years to unlike something :+1:

14 Likes

RemindMe! 3805 years

4 Likes

Lots of hard work and handy work still ahead, great job!

What can the community do to for fostering new growth and helping the site general???

I appreciate the sentiment!

Because we are technically a new website, we are not a priority to Google despite the great level of organic traffic we receive. Becoming more visible on Google will allow new people to find our site so we don’t stagnate. I’m not worried about this too much, it seems we are on the right track from the data, it’s just a matter of patience.

One easy thing you can do is just share a link to the site. External links apparently help grow your reputation with Google.

The other thing that I want to do is get a collection of really high-quality curated articles produced by the community here. Probably the most valuable component of the forum is the knowledge we have here and I know how popular the articles are. There are now a lot more tools available to us now to collaborative and create really well-formatted articles/guides. I’m going to start a push for this soon, so stay tuned if you want to help!

8 Likes

Honest people doing quality work is ephemeral these days.

Plug the site link #check emoji (kind of a boomer, so team effort for platform relevancy?)

I have a few notes on other things…

Pokemon isnt going anywhere… 300 bill ip… blah blah blah…
So tried and true the site is likely to continue.

Designing smart things for stupid people principles on accessibility/clear/simple communication of certain (base set) knowledge bases’ in a non forum format? Think of like e4 for dummies as a spoke of e4 forum?

Starting ramble and I have a few more lol…

Glad to be back around :heart:; thank you so much @smpratte

2 Likes

Glad to be here. Great job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gday. I got email from an acct i made over a decade ago… I see Scott still in the biz but i have retired from pokemon collecting about 9 years ago as i have other interests now. Might as well sell up what i had left such as Mews as the times goes, the less attached i am to the stuff.
Cheers
Windy

9 Likes

Wow I don’t think anyone will break this record:

Good to hear from you Jason! A lot has changed in 10 years! If you need help selling anything let me know! :blush:

8 Likes

You’re not Jason from Australia are you??

1 Like

Yeah that’s him, from worlds 2011 :older_man:

2 Likes