Pokemon English Booster Pack Weight Database

Thank you I need to expand te list into the BW era. I know that the code cards start introducing issues with weights but from my research it appears the code cards didnt vary in weights until late XY so the weights up to that point should be valid

Hi! 21g on a long hanging pack, I understand that is considered light? Didn’t find much info on long hanging packs, thank you!

Base Set 2 - 20.93 grams
Pull - Holographic Nidoqueen
Pulled tonight on my tiktok @pokeguyken

what set are we talking about?

English base set unlimited

I have a neo destiny pack weighing 20.44g. Seems super low compared to the sample data. Wonder if it’s shining pack

Edit: I opened the pack and it indeed had a Shining Kabutops inside! Very light pack.

I also weighed these individual cards from my collection as a sort of experiment…

non-holo Light Dragonair: 1.8g;

Mail from Bill: 1.82g;

Shining Noctowl: 1.82g;

Shining Steelix: 1.82g;

Dark Typhlosion: 2.0g;

Light Arcanine: 2.0g

From this limited sample size, I’d wager that any “light pack” could have a Shining in it, as the weights of the non-holo rare and Shinings were nearly the same. 8 of 24 holos in the set are Shinings, meaning 1/3 holo pulls will be a Shining, or 1/12 packs on average. If you’re hunting light packs for shinings, 1/9 light packs should have a Shining inside. not terrible odds!

2 Likes

Wow fortune favors the bold!
congrats I will add the data soon, Sorry to everyone I have been slacking with adding data I have been pretty busy

hi! Any info on town on no map weight packs? Trying to figure out what heavy/light pack weight is

Hey! I Was wondering if anyone had information on WOTC booster box weights. With the recent surge in fake boxes emerging, I thought it would be good to have a list of legitimate booster box weights (particularly WOTC) to compare.

There is a second tab on there with some weights of boxes ive owned in the past. However I really dont deal in boxes much and that data seems very hard to come by. If you have any data feel free to send it

1st Ed base box.
24 light packs 20:28-20:40
12 heavy packs 20:76-20:85

Two scales used…each graded identically.

2 Likes

Thanks Gary!

I came to this spreadsheet the other day and noticed there isn’t any info on any packs past Call of Legends…is this because no one has submitted any weights for BW and beyond?

Yeah nobody has submitted past that era and there hasnt been much interest past col

1 Like

Gotcha. Would you be open to expanding the checklist through BW at some point in the future? I might open some BW packs eventually (read: many months from now) and would love to contribute the data to this project. Also, are you still accepting data found from YouTube openings? If I have some free time and feel particularly bored I might comb through old videos and see what I can find.

1 Like

Absolutely we can expand it up till xy when code cards started to mess with the data. In fact late bw also has code cards so that data may bot be super reliable

Actually, the code card change occurred with XY BreakPoint. The sets before that were still weighable because the code cards all weighed the same, so the heaviest packs were pretty much always hits, bar a few anomalies (as usual).

XY BreakPoint and beyond can still be weighed but it’s much more difficult. I agree it’s pretty pointless to update the sheet to include any after the code change, there’s also not much demand for data from post -2008 sets as it is right now anyway.

1 Like

Thats right! I forgot but yeah there was a specific set that introduced the varied thicknesses. Thatll be a good end point for the database

1 Like

I agree except would just move the cutoff date to around 2010. There have been quite a few people asking around on discord lately for data on HGSS era and Call of Legends packs, maybe even more so than most Diamond & Pearl sets :see_no_evil: But I agree there isn’t any demand for data past that point right now

1 Like

Hi,
I decided after using the database for months to finally contribute some pack weights.

Diamond Pearl Base
Light
Heavy

Secret Wonders
Light
Heavy

Great Encounters
Heavy

Stormfront
Light

Supreme Victors
Light
Heavy

Plasma Frost (If you ever decide to expand the spreadsheet)
Light

I hope this helps to fill the lack of data for Secret Wonders Heavies :slight_smile:

5 Likes