Pokemon English Booster Pack Weight Database

The Pack Weight Database has had a few changes and updates made to it so I’ll be posting the new version here for everyone to view

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tlkZVdZP41NGNjXFQW84sBhe4AK0OMqjDwrS2FUgfbE/edit?usp=sharing

You can still send updates to be added to this database via replies to this thread or dms to me, but I have outlined a few changes that were made to this version (and starting 9/14/21 all new pack weights discussions should be here, I will ask a mod to lock the old thread):

1. The link to access the spreadsheet is now here on the first post (many people have asked me for this lol)
  2. The heavies and lights per set are in 2 separate columns next to each other for easier sorting/identification
  3. long packs and packs that contained an anomoly (shining, bonus card etc.) are noted
  4. All data points from the old thread have been added

besides that though its the same deal, happy holo hunting!

16 Likes

Hey Folks, new here, but not to the hobby- I love your work here on these forums and look forward to contributing at least some of the more interesting things I’ve found. I recently opened a Heavy FireRed LeafGreen booster and pulled a secret rare Articuno! The pack weighed very very heavy at 17.84g (!!!) so I was relatively certain it was an ex or error pack. I will post a picture of these pulls below if I can… :face_with_spiral_eyes: I also open many long stem WotC boosters and have found them extremely difficult to predict the mid weight packs. I have pulled a holo out of a long stem team Rocket booster that weighed 20.69 and I have pulled non holos on packs weights at 21.11g. I have 4 more FireRed LeafGreen heavy packs (17.5+), and I will post results when/if they are opened.

Edit: I opened up two FireRed/LeafGreen packs tonight, and 4 base set long stems. The first two were 17.55 and 17.56, of which the lighter one had the holo. Pulled a reverse rare Fearrow and holo Slowbro from pack one, and reverse diglett and non-holo hypno on pack 2. Of the base set, we opened 2 heavy (21.36 & 21.29) , and two medium weights (20.86 & 20.87). The heavy packs had a holo Ninetails, and a holo Hitmonchan, and the lighter packs had Electrode and Super energy removal. It was a blast, but I am now pretty certain where the light and heavy packs are from these particular long stems.

6 Likes

Hi, I have got two packs to discuss on here, one is a EX holon phantoms pack which weighs 17.04. I have a lot of reasons for it to be a holo it’s slightly warped which from what I gather and help from science suggests it’s a holo. Could be wrong. But the weights seem to be all over the place from this set. I’ve looked on the spreadsheet and doesn’t appear to be one of this weight weighed. Though next weight variant seems to be 17.30 which is quite a way off and is light so maybe mine is higher end of the other variant. Possibly. I was wondering if any of you guys or girls have opened or know of any data with packs weighed 17.04?

The other pack is an ex dragon pack weighing in at 17.55. This is higher than ones I’ve seen here. I’ve read at points that a holo was pulled on 17.33 and other times not. Same with packs in the 17.4 region so am I safe in saying 17.55 is a holo? I’ve also seen someone say that it maybe a different pack Variant with SS and RS if that’s the case they both hit holos of the same weight. Any assistants on the this will also be helpful. Thanks

Worth noting is that I do not plan to open these just something to note as it makes the packs feel a little extra premium to me. I’d say I was 70% they’re holos but definitely not 100%.

Any help appreciated thanks

Re: the Holon Phantoms pack – curve doesn’t indicate anything because there’s a reverse holo in each pack, and they have similar curvature as holos.

Re: the EX Dragon pack – those data points are from me, and indicate that that there should be heavy packs that exist in the 17.5x range (heavies typically weigh .1 to .2 more than lights, and there were numerous lights in the 17.3x range). That said, is it possible that there are lights in the 17.5x range? Yes. But that would mean that there are heavies out there in the 17.6x range, and I’ve never seen a Dragon pack in that range (and I’ve owned 15 or so). Relatively small sample size, of course, but it leads me to suspect that your pack is heavy.

If you want to know for sure, I’d buy it off you and open it :wink:.

1 Like

Does anyone here have experience weighing base set (shadowless) blister packs?

I have 2 long crimp guaranteed shadowless booster packs from the same case, one is 33.9 and the other is 34.27.

The guy I got the packs from said that they came from the same case and said that holos had been pulled from one’s that weighd around the 34.27 mark.

I’m 80% sure that one is heavy, but the other one I’m 50/50 on as it had a curve in the actual pack itself.

I plan on opening the heavier one but damn… Need talking out of not opening the second haha.

.37g is more variation than you’d expect to see between two heavy packs from the same source. Knowing nothing else, that would make me doubt that the lighter one contains a holo.

re: the curve – is the 34.27g pack also curved? If not, then I wouldn’t read into that too much. Could be a result of any number of things (i.e., the wrapper being more or less taut). If the heavier pack isn’t also curved, then I doubt that indicates there’s a holo in the pack.

1 Like

@charizardespana, I’d always assume the .37g lighter pack from the same case is light.

1 Like

I opened a short crimp one that weighed similar and had a magneton holo.

Thanks for your input! Yeah it’s kind of curved but not like the lighter pack which is a little more pronounced.

The funny thing is, there were lighter blisters from the same case that weighed 33.43

So there is a variation of almost around 0.9g between the heaviest and the lightest pacl from the same case.

Knowing that the 33.9 is a ‘middle weight’ and curved makes me think there is Holo there haha… But it’s too much risk, ill likely leave it sealed as it’s mint.

Fortunately the heavier pack has a crease on the bottom left cardboard so makes me feel better about opening it haha.

I’ll share some pics later.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

If anyone is interested - opened the Shadowless long crimp pack - turned out HEAVY

Pack & blister packaging = 34.3
Cardboard weighed 12.78
Pack itself was mega heavy 21.52 (heaviest ive seen)

10 Likes

Opened an Aquapolis pack this past weekend which weighed 17.62g. Turned out to be a light pack, no holo.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Looking for some input here. Here’s the list of packs I have with weights. Can anyone provide any guidance? The weights don’t seem to be any similar to the chart on here:

Fossil unlimited-aerodactyl art; 20.88g
Fossil unlimited-zapdos art; 20.78g
Jungle unlimited-scyther; 20.52g
1st edition gym heroes-misty; 20.52g
1st edition team rocket-jesse,james,gio,gyarados; 20.85g
1st edition team rocket-gyarados; 21.00g
Long stem japanese neo discovery-smeargle; 16.84g
Long stem japanese neo discovery-smeargle; 16.89g

Sorry if it is too detailed, just wanted to find out if maybe that makes a difference too.

Thanks for any help!

No guarantees but the fossil and jungle packs appear to be light at that weight. The rocket gyarados 21g has a decent shot at being heavy and I’m not too familiar with jpn packs. I’d like to add jpn pack data to the database but so far I have no data

Do these weights only apply to English packs? How would other languages compare?

Non-English packs often have completely different wrappers and card layouts. For many WotC sets, for instance, each Japanese pack contains a holo. Another variable is the cardstock, which can differ from language to language.

So, maybe some of the weights also apply to non-English packs, but I definitely would operate under the assumption that they don’t.

Hi new to this forum but I’ve been looking at this and the older database for quite a while. I was wondering if you would be interested in adding Leonhart’s pack weights as some of his recent videos have been including the weights of the packs he has been opening. Also I was wondering people’s thoughts about a couple of packs I have; one is an Ex Power Keepers pack at 16.91, and another is Crystal Guardians at 16.54. I think the power keepers pack is a 50/50 of being heavy, though the Crystal Guardians pack is almost certainly light in my opinion.

Does anyone have info/knowledge on what is generally a heavy pack for Japanese base set?

I have some pack weights for D&P, Platinum, and HGSS sets but it looks like those sets have been removed from the pack weight document. I know they were on the old post. Would love to add them if I know there’s somewhere for them to go. Thank you so much for this community resource.

Oh yeah I dropped them when I was converting to the new format. I’ll make it my goal to update the document again to get us back into the hgss era. You can post the data here and I’ll get to it sometime this week or dm me if you want!

Sounds great! They’re some of my favorite eras to open so I’d love a reference as I pick up more loose packs. Here’s some weights that I have so far for packs I have opened:

Platinum Arceus
18.64g Holo Rare + Normal Reverse

HGSS Triumphant
18.24g Non-Holo Rare + Normal Reverse
18.80g Holo Rare + Normal Reverse

EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
17.61 EX Holo (Suicune ex - woot!!!) + Normal Reverse

Diamond & Pearl Base Set
18.66g Non-Holo Rare + Normal Reverse
18.77g Holo Rare + Normal Reverse

Thank you! Will be posting more pack weights and pulls soon.

1 Like