Tyranitar PSA 10 Collection: Progress Year 3.5

Year 3 of collecting PSA 10 Tyranitar. Last Few are starting to become a pain!

36 Likes

Best of luck on your quest, looks awesome so far!

Thanks. I’m thankful I bought or graded most of these for a fraction of their current prices or given my spending limits I probably would have quit a long time ago. The last 20 or so I need either don’t exist in 10s or are so rare they never come up for sale which is part of the fun/frustration at this point.
I’m currently missing: Neo Discovery non-holo 1st edition
Delta species holo
Mysterious Treasures holo
Mysterious Treasures reverse
Stormfront Theme deck holo
Stormfront Reverse
Unleashed Holo
Unleashed Reverse
Unleashed theme deck holo
fates collide holo (being graded)
fates collide reverse
fates collide pre-release or staff
team up holo
team up reverse
pop series 1 non-holopop series 1 holo
unseen forces
dragons frontiers
lost thunder FA
Lost thunder SR

2 Likes

I have a feeling I’ll be having a similar experience as I start a quest for all the Ampharos cards. Must be very rewarding though to find and grade some yourself!

Wish I could help more with your final 15ish.

Hmm seems to be about the same number of unique ampharos cards as tyranitar. I think the most expensive ones are still under $225 which is somewhat doable. It’s a shame I just sold the ampharos call of legends psa 10 reverse recently for kinda cheap and that was like pop 1…

1 Like

Love the display! Is the glass UV protected? I worry about displaying cards due to fading. Great job!

It has partial UV protection. It’s on a wall facing away from a window and my curtains are always closed so my apartment is like a dungeon and not too worried.

1 Like

Your collection is beautiful! What’s your favourite Tyranitar card?

1 Like

Tyranitar EX from unseen forces. Unfortunately I passed on that card too many times and can’t find an english one now.

1 Like

I just did a quick eBay search and there’s a PSA 10 English copy for sale from a German seller here:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Tyranitar-ex-111-115-EX-Unseen-Forces-PSA-10-Gem-Mint/402016648241?hash=item5d9a0f3c31:g:2x0AAOSwd3Nc~jMj

1 Like

Nice, probably never saw it since he doesn’t ship to US. $200 was about what I saw it at the last time one came up.

Ah, he doesn’t ship to the US - bummer.

If you wanted it, you could make a thread to see if we have any German members here that would be willing to help get it to you.

Either way, good luck with your collection. Your display looks sweet!

I’d recommend www.geo-ship.com if you’re looking for cards which don’t appear all that often. It searches across all the different eBay sites.

3 Likes

Impressive! Keep it up.

Looks like he ships to the uk if you want I can help middleman it from here. Or have you tried messaging the seller to see if he can ship directly?

1 Like

Thanks. That card is already past what I think it’s valued ($150 USD) and shipping to the UK then to the US is going to make it even more past what I want to pay. It’s one of the higher pop cards on my list so I think I’ll keep looking for that one.

1 Like

No worries, best of luck for your search :blush:

1 Like

Great collection what’s the hard ones left?

Dman you must love Pokezilla

1 Like

There are no PSA 10 of pop series 1 holo.

1 Like