Tony's Collection - July 4th Update

Welp, I finally decided to start a collection thread. I mostly collect Base Set Blastoise cards and misprints/errors. I will be uploading my full collection within the next weeks.

4/12/16 - Here’s an album of most of my Base Set Miscuts - Click here for Base Set MiscutsHonestly, I’m probably the only collector on here that has zero interest in Japanese cards. So don’t expect any. lol

9 Likes

I’m with you on the 0 interest in Japanese cards. Happy to sell any I get.

2 Likes

Good stuff! And to each their own about the Japanese cards, but I personally feel like there’s just so much they have to offer that English cards don’t. They are the originals! And as a collector it’s more so for the art than anything right? :blush:

7 Likes

wow thanks for sharing! these are really cool… also im with you, only interested in english

1 Like

Great job man very cool :blush:

1 Like

Hey @fritz I went ahead and moved the discussion about the miscuts to a separate thread so they won’t take up your collection thread.

Definitely don’t let it discourage your collecting. I/we only want collectors to be as informed as possible. Look forward to more updates! :blush:

Oh and those 1st Ed base blastoise deserve a post of their own, very nice! :blush:

6 Likes

Spanish, French and German Generations Mega Charizards

i.imgur.com/iM0TC2I.jpg

I have Italian and Korean on the way and a Japanese print at PSA.

Do you guys know if they released generations in Portuguese yet? Or any other language for that matter?

2 Likes

Uncut fossil sheet from a KB toys promotion - right here it’s in amazing condition. a little corner wear, nothing major!
The original cardboard box it was shipped in/stored in - right here

2 Likes

That’s awesome, nice one!

1 Like

that is a pretty cool update

2 Likes

Picked up this Jumbo Charizard. Would PSA grade this?

I’ve been wanting these two cards in mint condition for quite a long time. I got the Mew for $60 and Grand Party for $80. I think they were solid deals.

Not sure how this Hitmonchan came to be. May be factory error or someone cut up an uncut sheet. I really don’t know but it’s definitely unique and cool as fuck. You can’t beat it at $35 lol

That’s it for now

4 Likes

That hitmonchan is like nothing I’ve ever seen, do you know if the machines they used to cut have enough space in them for this kind of margin of error with the cut?

1 Like

I have no idea. The guy I bought it from says it came directly from the factory. Looks like someone saved it from the discard pile. I’m still not going to rule out it being hand cut. I guess I can never know for sure

Hitmonchan looks like it was manually cut to me tbh… something about the sides but idk

2 Likes

It definitely could have been hand cut. I compared it to a regular sized card and it’s the exact same size except for the corners that protrude out very slightly. Sooooo I just don’t know.

Picked up this frankenstein of a card. hand cut? factory error? I do not know. Seller claims its from the factory. Regardless, still cool.

Here’s some off centered machamps

Miscut/off centered Ninetales

Here’s a stage error blastoise and a red ink dot error blastoise. I’m sending them to PSA. Hopefully the stage error get’s at least an 8 and the red ink dot error a 9

that’s it for now

5 Likes

The ninemonchan card looks hand cut to me definitely, square corners and the sides don’t look completely parallel. Nice still though. Never seen the ink dot error stoise, is it fairly rare?

3 Likes

dude I’m totally calling this card ninemonchan now.

Also the red ink dot error isn’t that rare. I usually see 2-3 pop up a month on ebay but because most sellers/collectors don’t know about the error they don’t list it as such. I have to search through each new ebay listings scanning every picture for the dot. It’s also proven to be a real pain in the ass finding it in mint condition. Hopefully this one grades a 9.

3 Likes

Sadly handcut. 100% not “from factory”.
Just another seller ruining a rare sheet for deceptive profit :sweat:

1 Like

but it’s cut sooo precisely. It measures up perfectly with other pokemon cards. Could it have still been cut by a machine? maybe at some other factory?