The Shift Squad - New Member June 8!

:sunglasses:

62 Likes

DUDE. These are so awesome! Your Ninetales is a holo shift AND a black flame? I’m very jelly :open_mouth:

5 Likes

you love to see it

1 Like

And congrats on the addition of the Ninetales! (I assume it’s the newest one, since I’ve seen the other five before from you.)

Greetz,
Quuador

Dang, these are really enjoyable to see! Out of curiosity, do you ever find these in random bulk Holos or do you always have to pay up for something like this? I’d love to be able to find these in random foils.

Also, are they very common on newer Holos? I’d imagine yes but much fewer due to better print quality as time goes on?

Thanks :blush: I actually purchased Ninetales in January. I got Electrode back in the mail today from CGC which prompted the photo shoot.

1 Like

I’ve never found in random bulk and have had to pay up but it’s certainly possible. Come to think I don’t think I’ve ever seen a modern holo shift in the same way as these. Texture foil layer shifts yes but actual holo not that I can recall.

Here’s what I mean by texture shift

1 Like

@qwachansey, I hope Japanese people don’t care about em because I wanna find some over here! And if there are any foil shifts later on in the generations, I know who to tell👍

That texture shift is a tough one to pick up on for sure. I don’t think I would’ve paid attention to it without it being brought to my attention, but it is a cool one for sure. something else to keep an eye out for. Thanks!

1 Like

Good luck! Unfortunately the Clefable was the most expensive and I got that one on Yahoo Japan so they probably do care haha.

4 Likes

I own one. :blush: The only holo shift in my collection, but also the only modern holo shift I’ve seen thus far. Although it being a full art does look different than those WotC holo shifts. It definitely is a holo shift instead of texture shift, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Oh awesome! I had thought that one was a texture shift

I love the Japanese Clefable and the English Electrode especially. The shifts on those are just fantastic. The Clefable also looks like it has a tiny moon near the Clefairy which is just

By the way, have you ever considered putting all of your updates into a single thread? I’m starting to lose track of your collection and would love to see what you have all together in case I’ve missed anything.

2 Likes

Thanks! Hmm, that’s a good idea. Mentally I kind of separate each part of what I collect (eg Chanseys, set cards, errors, promos, trophies) so I’ve been making separate threads but it is indeed getting to be too many and means I rarely show English set cards and other cards which I do love as well.

2 Likes

@azulryu, chansey’s collections are on track to be the first ever to achieve 3 rows on the collection index :grin:

T’would be an impressive feat!

2 Likes

I always share your holo shift with my friends, they are amazing.

1 Like

@brendantheclayboy, impressive indeed.

I know how you feel. Any time I get a special item, I am tempted to highlight it in it’s own thread, especially if I find a lot of history or information on it. I figured that if people like my collection enough and I just change the title every update, then people would check it out all the same. Also gives new people a chance to see more variety of other people’s collections as well as our own. And you should TOTALLY showcase your English sets too. You’ve been on a roll with them!

1 Like

@azulryu thank you! Funny enough, English sets were actually the very first non-Chansey things I seriously collected when I started to have disposable income. So thankfully I was able to pick up many of them over a decade ago! But I stopped collecting new releases during the BW Era so I have been working feverishly to make up for lost time.

The first big Pokémon purchase I made was for 1st Ed Gym Heroes, 1st Ed Gym Challenge, and 1st Ed Team Rocket sets on PokeGym in 2009. The sets were $50 each mint. It was so much to spend that I tried to negotiate with the seller to purchase the holo sets only for $30 each. Finally I was able to make it work through babysitting and purchase the complete sets. I was thirteen or fourteen at the time.

Over the past year I have grown a bit exhausted of WOTC seeing it everywhere so I made sure today to look through my sets and remember what I loved about them in the first place. I am missing a few dozen of the priciest WOTC cards with no timeline in place to complete so I am holding off on creating a binder thread until everything is finished. I did take some nice pictures of Neo Discovery for Instagram. This one I think I completed around 2015-17.

4 Likes

Only saw the Chansey a while ago, wow so much of these shifts, the clefable looks like its on a mission to jump out of the Card^^
One of the coolest niche to collect, i guess its a ton of work to find these cards. Strong!

1 Like

Too good for words

24 Likes