The PWCC Megathread

I am super confused. I was high bidder and after 3 more extensions at the same price it went up one tier amount. Kind of rude since I would’ve won the item 3 rounds ago -_-;

2 Likes

Having the same issue right now as the timer keeps extending for 5 more minutes without any further bidding. Top of the item says I’ve already won the auction.

1 Like

@Wombo @mrpandachum @thymeee Message on the PWCC Weekly Auction page for all those experiencing issues bidding tonight (myself included):

“Website issues encountered after the first bidding window. All affected items will move to the next weekly auction. Client services will contact any affected bidders. We apologize for the delay.”

Rip, won a nice card for a good price so I really hope this isn’t the case

1 Like

For your sake I hope so too, I had a good bid price on an item as well :grimacing: On the items I was bidding on, it shows that bidding is active in my summary page, but if I click on the actual item it says that extended bidding on that item will start in 9 days. However, when I look in the actual weekly items, the individual listing isn’t there :thinking: So not exactly sure what is going on.

Anyone having probs itll be sorted

2 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/8E9fP1VSsXrg68MU6

Didn’t get the free $100, but I finally get an auction that isn’t shilled and they do this. Part of me thinks this is a conspiracy theory and that the items weren’t bid up as much as they wanted.

1 Like

well there goes an hour of my life I won’t get back. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Unfortunately there was an issue with Amazon Web Services last night that was causing the bidding system to not function properly just as everything was going into extended bidding. While I know some of you may be disappointed that you may not have won items that you thought you won cheap now, the reason they may have gone so cheap to begin with is that other people could not physically place bids. On the flip side if you were selling something that went cheap as a result of this I don’t think you would be particularly happy that people couldn’t bid and thus get you more money for your items. To try and be fair to both sellers and people who could not place their bids, that’s why the items are getting extended to next week’s auction.

It also wasn’t limited to PWCC, a lot of stuff went down last night including the FIFA app crashing during the World Cup last night.

2 Likes

So does that mean every single item from this past weeks auction will be sent to next weeks auction then? Also, how does this effect the $100 vouchers?

No, any card that was impacted will have an e-mail sent out on it today. And I’m dealing with the credit voucher issue right now to try and get them extended for everyone.

1 Like

$100 credit will be extended until next week for anyone who is impacted from last night!

1 Like

On the flip flip side the items I was selling ended very strongly and I am happy with the price, and feel like next week they will go for less because because there will be way more items available to dilute buyer funds.

Should have a way for sellers to mark that they are happy with what they received.

6 Likes

I’m on the same boat here, a couple cards I had selling went above my expectations and probably due to the 100$ voucher, now if they get cancelled and move on to next week, I probably lose 100$ on several cards….
I think here what would be fair is asking to the card owners if they want to relist the cards or sell the for the highest bid received, at the end of the day the card owners are the ones who should be deciding if they want to take the money offered for the cards or relist them

3 Likes

Good point. It was also a huge waste of time for the bidders/buyers. I most likely won’t be bidding on the cards I won that i apparently didnt win, when they get pushed into another auction block.

they only want the new users anyway, no past buyers

Only way to rectify this kind of damage is everyone currently signed up to pwcc recieving $100 every week for life. @petiparty could you swing this? :wink: lol.

increase BP to 40% and give everyone 100$ voucher each week