The one card!

What is the one card that always gets away from you and never seem to be able to obtain just from pure bad luck?

@haze – It used to be the [1997 Toyota Campaign Folder (Pikachu & Arcanine)]. I lost five auctions for it within three years. Luckily, I recently purchased it from my legendary hero (shpunto9) :heart:

A card that is beginning to display signs of “the one card” is the Computer Error [White R, Kamex Battle Tournament]. I kind of regret giving up so many opportunities to obtain it – however, it wasn’t a priority or an interest at the time; I knew others who wanted it more than I did, back then.

What about you, Haze? :blush:

Mine will always be the 1997 no. 2 trainer. The no. 2 and no. 3 were in live auctions in 2009. I won the no. 3 and I should of entered my max bid instead of just adding $20 increments on the no. 2. A girl in Germany outbid me and I probably won’t see that card for a long time.

Mine was a PSA 10 Golem Masaki Vending Holo. Over 10 years ago, there was an Ebay auction that I was going to bid on but my computer went haywire just as the auction was ending. My own fault for waiting to bid near the close. I still kick myself because there’s only 2 PSA 10 Golem’s and I’ve never seen another come up. I still need a PSA 10 Golem and a PSA 10 Gengar to complete the 5 card PSA 10 Masaki set…By the way the PSA 10 Golem sold for $75 back then…

Avalanche, why don’t you just buy a bunch of gengar and golem and send them in to be graded?

Pokemonntrader:

Easier said than done…The problem with Japanese Masaki Vending holos is the way they were mailed back. The cards were sent back on a sheet where the upper left corner and lower right corner were inserted…Most Masaki Vending holos have indentations in those areas that prevent them from grading at PSA 10…I’ve had a few Masaki sets PSA graded over the years. The highest I was able to get were PSA 9’s for the Golem & Gengar. I was able to get PSA 10’s for the Alakazam, Machamp & Omastar…The cards I was able to get PSA 10’s, came from 2 sets bought years ago from Japanese residents. Somehow both were able to get the cards directly from Media factory without having them attached to the sheets that caused indentations.

I see!
I guess I am mistaken!