THE Great Grading Results Thread

$15 October special (entered 10/12, shipped back 11/15, zero upcharges on this one). What is annoying is the inconsistency in upcharges, I graded a PSA 10 GB Lugia in an order I received back a couple weeks ago and got upcharged then to the $30 tier.

7 Likes

$15 special got done today. Overall expectations were exceeded. Only really bummed about the T-Promo birds and Latias/Latios HGSS promos not getting the same grades.

2 Likes

Tried the Charizard UPC grading experiment, probably gonna be a wash when it’s all said and done. PSA 10 Zard sells for $300, the 9 sells for $100 and I’m just gonna crack and keep the 7. Fees were $50 per card and $120 for UPC. Seems like I’m getting my cards only one week later than the folks that submitted at $100.

1 Like

I decided not to grade any from the three boxes I opened because they all had some sort of damage that I thought would keep them from 10s. I am hoping these end up like Champions Path Promo with tens of thousands of PSA 10s so I can buy them cheap.

Yeah I was pretty fearful to even open one of them but all of mine had good centering. The 7 probably had something I missed. I know PSA was pretty scrutinous with these. If it was a 9 I would have made at least like $150 which is fine. Having it a wash is also fine, didn’t lose anything at least. Got the 10 on the big hitter.

I’m selling them immediately when I get them back. I’m hopeful that my other ETBs have good centering if and when I open them in the future.

Some highlights from my recent return. I also got a fair amount of 10s on the cards I submitted from my Japanese bulbasaur squirtle deck. Pretty happy overall.

21 Likes

Japanese modern has been on a tear with the artwork and textures.

9 Likes

Nice little group sub I sent with my own and cards from the LGS owner and friends. My daisuki fan club was shipped wrapped in cereal cardboard no sleeve no bubble mailer!!!

8 Likes

13 Likes

Got another awesome return in, just about perfect.

9 Likes

Prepare for trouble

and

make it double :person_getting_haircut::skull:

25 Likes

Wow that sucks, I’ll take that off your hands at a damaged price

Results of my July special sub. Didn’t do too good on the vintage, but modern and japanese more than made up for it!

2 Likes

Did you mix vintage and modern?

Yes, but whenever I send a mix I always do :
-Vintage English
-Modern English
-Vintage Japanese
-Modern Japanese

That way cards aren’t mixed together and go from “worst to best”.

I was bored and made a video.

5 Likes

Awesome stuff

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of Pokemon! This happened today and I had to share it somewhere, it’s a Pop 1. Absolutely over the moon on this one.

34 Likes

$22 bulk order done. Not an upcharge in sight, even with the Lugia. Dark Charizard and down were CGC/SGC crosses. I’ll post photos w/previous labels when I get them back. Took L’s on the Evo Charizard and LC Dark Slowbro, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

oh my god. congrats

1 Like