THE Great Grading Results Thread

My call was related to an order I sent in that’s on day 12 of being in their possession but not in the system. 2 weeks is usually the most I’ve waited. Like you, I distinctly remember not writing the number of days on the box after I left the post office.

I talked with PSA in person at NYC Comic Con this year. They clearly stated that all packages without a date are opened last. Unfortunately, we’re in the same boat here.

Yikes, im sorry to hear that.

My order was delivered to their P.O box on DEC 11.
On DEC 12 I called them early in the morning letting them know the issue. ( Forgot to write turn around time on box )
On DEC 12 Around 4 PM CST, my order got processed into the system…
I guess I called at just the right time, or I’m just lucky.

1 Like

Was really hoping for a couple 10s out of my SLs… to not get one when I see PSA 10 scans on eBay of cards with way more defects than a few of these have is very frustrating.

5 Likes

Im currently 45 days business days after entering into the system on a 30 days turnaround I sent in mid October… Anyone Else as late as me?

2 Likes

If you complain, assuming this is all true, you can get compensated for an amount that fits the delay.

1 Like

Are they pretty cool about doing this? If so Ill complain first thing tomorrow. I feel like I’ll get the “30 day estimate” lecture.

Sorry to hear mate. I observe it all the time.

No. You want to wait till it’s returned.
If you paid for a 30 business day and it gets completed at the next level (50 days unless it’s a bulk amount then 45 days), then you can get that price difference back…if you become a “squeaky wheel”.

1 Like

You might well be wondering what this is doing in the great grading thread.

That magneton is the last holo I needed to get both sets of holos finished in 9/10. I wrote about the problems with the unlimited magnetons in my guide to Chinese Pokémon cards. They seem to all have printing lines for whatever reason!

It’s been a few years in the making and I’ve finally done it! Over the moon with this result!

5 Likes

Got my grades back today after calling them lol… Can’t say I’m pleased with these given what I was expecting. Seems like a harsh grader. Also line #24 is a holo, not reverse holo.

1 Like

Dang two people on this same page with harsh grades on the SL series… good luck next time man.

1 Like

Congrats brother. I’m super proud of you:)

2 Likes

I have to say that PSA is very harsh on SL grading…i have the complete set in PSA 10 and for the most part, all of them are pretty solid 10s…have yet to come across an SL PSA 10 that was “questionable.” Did a quick run through last month of the pop report for SL PSA 10s and if I remember correctly half the set has a 12% PSA 10 rate or something…it’s just so much easier to spot scratches on these cards and they have corner whitening issues (i’ve graded a single PSA 10 SL out of like 15).

I was 2/2 on PSA 10 on the last 2 I sent in of equal quality. I’m fine starting with a 9/10 set and working my way up, but 8.5 hurt…

I personally pulled dozens of pack fresh SL’s this year. There literally was not one of them that I would deem to be a fair 10. None were victim to any surface/holo scratches or print lines from factory but the corner wear and centering is consistently brutal. However, it didn’t seem to be the case for the rest of the cards from the packs, so I believe it has to have something to do with the production of the sheets that the SL’s were printed on specifically. With that being said, the high probability of holo scratching on the artwork and borders when buying secondhand copies of these cards further compound the risk in grading these cards. Basically, unless you pull these from the pack yourself, you don’t stand a ghost of a chance at grading a 10 on them. I was skeptical myself, but based on my experience, those pop figures are very likely justified.

I just made another 100+ card submission, and this time they requested I print out 3 invoices. Is that new?

I got my 50 card PSA return back and opened it up today. Very happy with the results :blush:

10 Likes

Yes it is new. It was implemented in October.

1 Like

Comin thru with some heat

10 Likes