The Giant eBay Garbage Thread

Him RN:

“He’ll come running back”
giphy

13 Likes

It’s not actually the last one they need, they’re just hoping saying that will generate sympathy. People will say whatever random crap they can think of to try and get their lowball offer accepted.

2 Likes

Different kinds of crazy.
ebay:
crazedVillager

Facebook marketplace:
aneurysmVegeta

What not:
myNeighborGengar

changed last one.

6 Likes

Lookout everyone. There’s a virus on ebay.

18 Likes

4 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

PSA 4 GEM MINT :sob: :sob: :sob:

10 Likes

Sold the card less than two months later for 2.2K. But please tell me it’s not worth near that much.

19 Likes

I hope you reached back out to this person with the good news.

7 Likes

Agreed with @jaxlax21 ! Send them a screenshot of the sale and see what they say! I’d definitely be petty enough to do that after receiving that arsehole of a message :rofl:

5 Likes

"Hey, I’m just letting you know this sold for 2.2k so that you can update your market expectations. Good luck with the hunt! :slight_smile: "

5 Likes

I did in fact reply (before I blocked him) “I’m sorry you can’t afford it”.

He had been low balling every other listing I had and was just sick of it at that point.

8 Likes

Truly a l3g3ndarynob

Seller taking recently sold slabs and listing it as their own:

Seller’s latest listing
I have been looking for a PSA 10 Shining Charziard for a few months now. I check eBay daily to see if any new listings pop up. Saw this listing from the seller and knew it was too good to by true, did a quick cert lookup on the PSA app, real slab but didn’t show the cert sold history. Maybe the seller used the Unlimited value instead of the 1st Ed and was expecting they would cancel after realizing. After the purchase and looked up the cert again on PSA website and saw this cert was recently sold by Prostein. Requested a cancellation to the order and contacted eBay. Got my refund within an hour, but no messages from the seller.
Copying Prostein’s May auction

Seller’s low effort listing
Copying May auction

How does eBay not ban this type of sellers?
mooregamesuk

‘You know where this is ending’ :rofl: :sob: :skull:

context: £60 card, initial offer was 40, I countered 52.5…

edit:
chrome_RqAuajUJx8

Biggest pet peeve is people telling you that your prices are wrong

14 Likes

Sigh…

1 Like

Just personally, I don’t usually fault people for “what’s the lowest you’re willing to go” when as a seller I can set an auto decline price.

The times that I’ve messaged sellers asking the same, what I mean is “what is the auto decline price” because that’ll dictate whether it’s worth my time.

I’ll never tell a seller they’re too high but I will want to know whether I should even try. Similar to bids with reserve price, and I think eBay should make that public. I want to know up front whether it’s an investment I want to make or not

1 Like

If you want the card and you have a price in mind, you can start by making an offer on the low side of what you are willing to pay. You can make 5 offers. If it gets autorejected, try again. In general I think sellers aim for about 80% of the asking price. I don’t see the need for the whole dance of “what is your lowest”, just make an offer and go from there. It also shows you are serious, sending a message feels almost lazy.

7 Likes

I think most people don’t realise what they’re doing when they ask “what’s your lowest price?”. In effect they’re asking someone to undersell themselves by forfeiting the potential for a better offer from the buyer. I don’t even say “make me an offer” anymore, I just don’t respond. If they’re serious enough about buying the card, they’ll send an offer regardless.

7 Likes

I was trying to be nice by not replying “What would be your highest price.” to these kind of questions. I get them from time to time.