The Giant Art Thread

This is a really neat set. Were these part of the Farfetch’d merch set from a while back?

I think the postcard you have last (Sirfetch’d walking away) is meant to be after the 6th postcard, after Sirfetch’d loses? Both of the Farfetch’d are still Farfetch’d in that one. I’d also maybe set the 3rd one after the 4th (dramatic scene → then fight).

1 Like

Are you thinking farfetch’d evolved into sirfetched? That makes sense too. :smile:

haha. Yeah, changing the order sets a different story.
I figured, the sirfetch’d leaving is the iconic “stranger riding into the sunset.”

There are actually a few more cards to go with these, but I didn’t bid on them, and they aren’t story elements. There was a series of farfetch’d merchandise around that time. IDK they were specifically related, like the 2018 Hyaku Poke Yako event, for example.

could it trick a biologist? Looks kinda offical

28 Likes

Love it!!! :hearts:

2 Likes

As a Biologist I have to say this is pretty darn good. @wotcfetish where did you find this? I would love a copy to hang in my office to entertain more Biologists!

unfortunately it Comes from a memeboard and the Source was not linked. Maybe someone recognizes this from Instagram etc?

@niece @wotcfetish

7 Likes

@wotcfetish I looked up the artist. They have prints on Redbubble! I am going to order one. I sent the image to a few of my coworkers. At first they didn’t even notice they were Pokemon. Ha ha! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks @Llyrwenne

Not a biologist, but…the first thing I thought when I saw this was “that bee looks like a Beedrill, I have been spending way too much time looking at Pokemon. Actually, that bug looks like a Caterpie! Wait…”

I almost want to order one just for kicks :laughing: Thanks for sharing @wotcfetish @Llyrwenne

2 Likes

‘Growing up with Pokémon’ 7 years later

24 Likes

Who chopped onions near me? :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Uhm, excuse me? Nobody posted the new sowsow!? This is an outrage!

13 Likes

I love this card so much.

6 Likes

There is so much wholesome stuff in it it’s insane. I wonder if there are other story cards like that.
I like that “sirfecth’d walking away into the epic sunset while his friends are crying” - moment :rofl:

2 Likes

I just realized these are perfect for a 9-pocket binder page!

3 Likes

love these family cards. so pure.

2 Likes

We have a thread dedicated to this topic. Enjoy!

Cheers!

3 Likes

That Julio artist is at is again with some marine life this time. So neat! :sunglasses: :fish:

26 Likes

@camrok37

After looking at that Gyarados for a while I had no choice but to rewatch old Moomin episode where mameluke fish appears, so much resemblance between these two. :smiley:

3 Likes