That‘s fucking scary.....

This looks extremely close to real… I mean, would be hard to tell it‘s fake through a picture if listed on ebay…

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I would think that cards with this much notoriety attract the attention of a very specific set of collectors who, if they’re serious about the hobby, aren’t going to just jump in head-first into a transaction for one without contacting someone like smpratte, etc. and doing a ton of research…

Let’s be honest, No 1. Trainer cards and snap cards don’t just pop up out of nowhere in mint ungraded condition from random sellers…

This guy needs a good suing.

10 Likes

:sweat:

2 Likes

Most serious collectors could see that these and all his custom cards are fake, they’re cut terribly.

2 Likes

And that is probably the easiest improvement to make. I have a bad feeling some of these customs could eventually get graded…

4 Likes

Another day, another batch of fake cards…

Gotta love the usage of the word “custom” in the username and description.

1 Like

Dang.

2 Likes

Well if you get a fake graded psa copy you’re entitled to at least 5 figures from psa.

2 Likes

I emailed them out of curiosity on what they charge.

The 1997 pikachu trophy cards are £35 each plus postage, or as a set for £90. Illustrator is £35. Pikachu snap is £10, and 2014 pikachu trophy cards are £10 each or £20 for the set.

Actual quotes from the email responses:

“As you can see from the video and images we are the best when it comes to making it as close to the real thing. Anyone would be live you are holding a £50,000 card.”

"We make our cards as close to the real thing as possible. And the quality is the best out there.

“Also I believe we are the best out there when it comes to custom cards and making them close to the original. You won’t find anyone that can do them like us.”

I haven’t followed the posts on here closely, pertaining to cases of compensation. But I was under the impression that they will do everything possible to give you grading vouchers, not cash.

Sadly these are nothing new. There is virtually zero chance that these would pass through PSA, and certainly not the holo ones. I don’t know how bad the SNAP cards are but I would hazard a guess that they are not convincing. On camera to an untrained eye the might look good however. They would fail so many hands on tests… I wouldn’t give them the time of day.

I am sure in person the cardstock/quality is laughable. The cut & proportions look off in the videos.

@pieterpie PSA provided a full cash refund for Fazool’s 1st Edition stamped card. If this process isn’t streamlined its mostly due to a subjective situation, or a submitter attempting to commit fraud. Even in the case of Fazool, everyone didn’t agree, and they still provided a full refund.

3 Likes

From their website (emphasis mine):

My understanding is that they will refund you the difference between what they initally evaluated the card to be and what the card actually is actually worth upon review. Although a literal reading of their guarantee does not contradict what reina is saying here. Any other opinions?

3 Likes

Besides scamming others on eBay and other platforms, why would you want custom made cards…

1 Like

If I’m being totally honest I have considered it (I know, I know - at least listen to the why)

I am a visual person when it comes to my collection binders, and one thing I hate is the empty spaces where cards should be that I haven’t been able to obtain yet. I have used a variety of placeholders for cards I don’t have, ranging from half index cards to printed stuff. I have considered on occasion having “custom”/fake cards made to fill binder holes, with it clearly noting on the card that it was a placeholder/fake.

That being said, I don’t really want to support these people (especially not at the price they ask) because even if my intention is harmless I know others are likely not and continued support of production means continued support of these cards making it out there into the wrong hands. It’s a bummer, really, because I’d like to use something like this as a placeholder and reminder of how awesome it will be when I can actually get some of these cards into the collection.

Kind of bracing for a crucifixion now, but w/e

5 Likes

The only valid reason I can agree with is nice looking proxies for play in a deck. That excuse shatters with these trophy cards though, as they do nothing in the card game.

1 Like

I love how he calls it custom instead of what it really is

COUNTERFEITING

4 Likes

Honestly, the cards might not be 100% similar to the real and probably not at all if you can touch them but if someone takes a photo of the pika in the right angle it looks very real…

And why would we not buy an ungraded copy from a seller we don‘t know? We do that all the time when buying off YJ…
A few years ago the only way to obtain a trophy cards was to buy off YJ with fishy pictures…
As we have a lot of new collectors in the hobby that spend high dollars but clearly have limited knowledge I‘m sure someone could fall for these fake cards… sadly…

Is there anything we can do? I mean faking a product of a brand is clearly against the law (it‘s the same if you fake Nike sneakers)

3 Likes