Terrible Packaging

Annoys me when I receive an item that comes from a seller who smokes 1000 cigarettes a day…

Ps nothing against people who smoke.

2 Likes

Tape inside the package? Please don’t tell me there’s really still people who do that? I thought we mostly educated traders how ignorant this practice is?
Let’s try again…
DONT USE TAPE UNLESS YOU’RE TRYING TO CATCH COCKROACHES. lol

Sorry to tell you Gary. Prepare to take a couple shots. The package was mostly tape.

1 Like

Ughhhh

1 Like

ironically all the cards i’ve received in just printer paper have gotten to me mint lol

some I’ve bought from big shops got damaged in the mail mostly because the card slightly(or completely) fell out of the toploader then got scratched/creased/dinged when it got passed through a roller or something else.

When i contact the sellers about this I have a response as follows

Get replacement item, same thing happened, it has fallen out of both the sleeve and toploader! thank fully the second one wasn’t damaged. I mailed them back the first one.

This was from SSACard(Big shop that sells on amazon/ebay/tcg),card was a “Mint” condition Base Set 2 Zapdos.

Don’t use tape on toploaders!

Use cling wrap! =)

5 Likes

You ASKED for tape on the top loader. You seriously have to get off the drugs brother. Tape has killed more collectibles than mothers have. Cling/Saran wrap or a team bag or ANYTHING BUT TAPE.
Now I gotta go throw up.

2 Likes

Have had SOOOOOOOO many cards damaged by tape on the toploader or it being taped to a piece of cardboard. Sadly those were Mint cards too until the tape residue gets all over the card :slightly_frowning_face: I usually wrap in bubble wrap or otherwise cut a envelope and place the toploader in the little envelope pocket I made and then place that inside another envelope. I need to buy team bags as those definitely work the best.

Yeah, not sure why many people tape the toploaders, when there are plenty of better ways to keep the card from falling out. Team bags are great for sure.

I prefer team bags but a seller is more inclined to use tape, I’ve gotten 20+ cards that have fallen out of toploaders

Never gotten a single card damaged that was shipped tapped. Now I hate tape myself because of aesthetics, but it does provide some help over someone not using anything at all.

When I received taped toploaders, I remove the card from that one, place is in a fresh toplolader and team bag.

By the way I’m clean and sober, dont even drink alcohol. Don’t understand the drug comment…

I often find that customers react positively when you go that extra mile with packaging. My rule of thumb is a hard plastic sleeve for EVERY card, along with a card backed envelope. why risk the damage on a collectable with your negligent packaging!?!

1 Like

I bought this lot on ebay, the cards in the auction photos were loose… the seller mentioned that they would ship the cards vacuum sealed. I had assume that this was just miss-worded and that they’d be shipped in a normal fashion in a top loader or something. Nope! They actually vacuum sealed each card and cut them out individually. They all came out OK, but it was one of the oddest things I’ve seen yet:

9 Likes

LOL thats so odd, the work of the devil

1 Like

But… is there a good way to ship?

I think everybody got his own method he feels good with. If you receive something which is different from your standard, you feel it’s badly shipped. Personally, on every eBay sale I do (besides fees) I make a 50 cent loss just due packaging. But I learned in the past 15 years, shipping is king. I changed my methods over the years and I can now easily package and make shipment ready for 50 different single cards in under one hour. Time = money.

I put the card in a sleeve, then placed upside down in a toploader, and slap a cardboard on it.

____ OR
if the buyer really ask for Extra protection…

do the step above, bubble wrap it, then put newspapers so there’s no movement inside a box then bubblewrap that box and place it into another box and fill it with newspaper. extra protection for 1 card

One of the bad cases I remember was buying 10 PSA cards that were stacked together and wrapped with packing tape. The front and back card had sticky goo all over and the rest had sticky sides. So bizarre to get a shipment like that.

2 Likes

At least you know this person isn’t trying to sell anyone “Rare Sealed WOTC Cards”

It is sooooo heartwarming to see no mention of “tape” in any of the above posts.
Well done team:)

1 Like

I don’t think its actually that bad, but I used to get lots of cards in taped toploaders, and I always hated when it got sticky. the weirdest thing I received was a card wrapped in tape, where the tape face outward and had cardboard on one side. When I opened the package, I really thought the card was “protected” with tape

Nothing has ruined more collectibles than tape.
If someone is so stupid that they can’t figure out a way to avoid it then let them just look like idiots and AVOID them.

1 Like