SWSH 12.5 hinted (intl. VSTAR universe? Champions Path 2.0?)

Pokeguardian just broke some interesting news

looks like there will be a second specialty set this year, coming after the final main set.

so far the set seems to mostly just clean up missing gym promos/other japan promos yet to be included in international sets.

I would like to think this will be the international VSTAR Universe, but I have a feeling it’ll be more like Champions Path 2.0.

that doesn’t mean there isn’t a potential for cool cards to be included.

2 Likes

Interesting. So it will basically be a mini set of various promo cards?

of what has been confirmed so far, yes, but it will undoubtedly get something included to illicit some excitement. that is why I’m thinking it’ll be more like champion’s path, where they rip out some big chase cards from another set and jam them in here to help with sales

1 Like

Deoxys VMAX alt art? Please? :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

https://www.pokebeach.com/2022/07/special-swsh-set-releasing-in-early-2023-partial-card-lists-for-future-english-sets

If its the same set discussed here, then itll likely be in 2023, since Vstar Universe is a December release. I think it’ll be much better than Champion’s Path though :laughing: since itll have vstar universe cards in it.

1 Like

4 Likes

at least the bar isnt too high :laughing:

2 Likes

Missing Japanese Promos eh?

Sounds like the perfect time to release 2019’s missing alt art Dusknoir and Trevenant alt art that TPCI so wonderfully decided to not print and leave the English tag team alt set at 31/32… right?

RIGHT!?

Waiting-Skeleton

1 Like

Champions Path 2.0 is not a positive.

4 Likes

This is max copium haha.

I mean it would be so bizarre to finish this era with a throwback of 2+years card. That are even not in format.

1 Like

agreed. Extremely unlikely in my opinion

Oh for sure, i know i’ll still be moaning about it on my death bed.

1 Like

The amount of missing promos and filler cards makes its a lot closer to Fusion Strike, which only had one main set to draw from.

1 Like